Forum sponsored by Dremel

North West Model Shipwrights

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Wilson04/06/2009 07:49:37
1900 forum posts
277 photos

NORTH WEST MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
The next meeting of this ship-model society will be held on Saturday 6th June, 2009 in the Church Hall of:
The Church of Our Lady & St. Michael, Grimsargh, Lancashire.
The meeting commences at 1100, breaks for lunch 1230 – 1400 & meeting closes about 1600.
Guests, wives/partners and accompanied children welcome.
There is plenty of free parking in the Church grounds with disabled parking directly outside the door of the Church Hall.
Toilet facilities available. Coffee & tea-making facilities also available.
At lunch time, some members remain in the hall taking their own sandwiches, whilst other go to a local public house for lunch.
All types of model building it catered for ranging from plastic kits to the most superb plank-on-frame models. Members & guest are encouraged to bring models along either competed or part-built. All skill levels are also catered for & some of our members are simply “interested” in the subject, but do not actively build.

Hope to see some of you there.

Bob

Barry Foote06/06/2009 08:03:52
161 forum posts
93 photos
Bob,

Hope you have agreat day. My father and I were both members, 20 odd years ago and a superb little organisation it is.. 
Bob Wilson07/06/2009 07:21:43
1900 forum posts
277 photos
Hi Barry,
Thanks, we had a good day.  22 members, no guests.    I joined in 1993, so we will not have met.    Only a few of the 1993 members left now, but we still have about 60 members, average attendance 25.
Bob
Bob Wilson02/07/2009 07:22:31
1900 forum posts
277 photos
The next meeting is on Saturday 4th July, 2009.     I will be taking the POLITICIAN model along (See scratchbuilding section).    Details as above.
Bob
Bob Wilson04/07/2009 16:25:20
1900 forum posts
277 photos
There were 19 members at the meeting today and no guests.     I guess I will give up on this one, next meeting not until September.   If anyone is interested, please contact me.
Bob
Peter Allen 418/10/2013 11:33:55
2 forum posts

Hi All I'm artisanpete and i've just bought a 1-1 scale origional Morecambe Bay Prawner May Marie Built 1901

She has been converted to bermudan rig at some stage

my interest in your forum is a publication

The Lancashire Nobby
L. J. Lloyd

ID Numbers
Open Library OL17850633M
ISBN 10 0953040828
ISBN 13 9780953040827
OCLC/WorldCat 655832369

The Lancashire nobby
Lloyd, L J

See also 629.124.72(427.2)
Personal Author Lloyd, L J
Title The Lancashire nobby
Publication info Liverpool North West Model Shipwrights 1994
Physical descrip 109p : ill
Series Title (North West Model Shipwrights archives extracts 15)
Binding

30cm

If any one can help me with with either of these publications or with any information on mast and spar dimensions for a 31 ft Morecambe Bay Prawner /Lancashire Nobbie circa 1901 i would be extremely greatfull as i wish t take her back to her origional Gaff rig

I will also at some stage be building a half and possibly full model of her

Yours Hopefully artisanpete

Bob Wilson18/10/2013 13:28:55
1900 forum posts
277 photos

The publication you refer to is only available to NWMS members as far as I know. I will send you the e-mail address of the secretary who will be able to advise you more fully.

Bob

Peter Allen 421/10/2013 10:28:41
2 forum posts

Hi Bob

Any chance of the e-mail address of the secretary as i've not received anything yet

artisanpete@yahoo.co.uk

Yours Hopefully artisanpete

Bob Wilson21/10/2013 19:11:02
1900 forum posts
277 photos

Have replied direct!

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor