Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Where is George Turner Models

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mike27/05/2009 12:28:08
3 forum posts
Hi people,

I am after some help. I would like to purchase a small number of items from George Turner Models and as they do not have an online shopping facility I sent an email to find out how I go about giving them a bit of my hard earned money. I have sent two emails and so far no reply. So my question is

Do George Turner Models still exist? If yes and as I live in Australia how do I contact them. I cant afford to fly over there and knock on their door. Failing any contact with them who else can I turn to to buy some crew for my fishing and tugboat?

Thanks

Mike

Bob Abell27/05/2009 12:53:19
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
Hello Mike

There has been a change of address recently.........

New address......    www.georgeturnermodels.com

Email.........      ga.turner@hotmail.co.uk

Bob
Colin Bishop27/05/2009 13:22:50
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
I couldn't get any reply to emails either. I bought my figures at the Warwick show.

Colin
Paul Freshney27/05/2009 15:34:45
295 forum posts
15 photos
In February MB, there was a review of his figures, which are supplied in painted form. The address given with the items received was as given by Bob Abell earlier today (GA.Turner@hotmail.co.uk) and telephone number is 01702 291716. George no longer manufactures accessories or boat kits. He may (and that is only a may!) in the future reintroduce one or two kits so he told me on the telephone. I understand this is not his prime job now.
Alternative crew sources include Jotika (Caldercraft) white metal, but it really depends on the scale required. If 1:43 or 1:72 you are in O and 00 Gauge territory where the possibilities and sources become much greater.
Paul Freshney
Editor of MB
Mike28/05/2009 11:46:17
3 forum posts
Thanks for the replys, I have sent an email to the alternative address but as yet no reply. I have also had a look on the Jotika web site but can't find anything which looks like crew.
Oh well never mind, I guess I will have to put up with the lack of model boat bit here in Aussie.

Thanks Again

Mike
Colin Bishop28/05/2009 12:11:26
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Mike, you still don't say what scale you need but here are a couple of other possibilities:

Colin

Mike28/05/2009 12:18:30
3 forum posts

Thanks Colin, I had seen the figures at Westbourne Models but the ones at Scale Hobbies are new to me and look like they will fit the bill on my Tug at 1/32 scale. The fishing boat is 1/24 and that may be more of a problem.

Thanks again

Mike
Barry Foote29/05/2009 07:24:31
161 forum posts
93 photos
Just sent an email to both addresses shown for George Turner, so watch this space.....
Brian Alexander29/05/2009 20:02:36
2 forum posts
16 photos
I haver had the same problem with G Turner Models, no reply to e-mails, and no prices on items i am looking to buy, I gave up!
Colin Bishop30/05/2009 16:15:37
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
I spoke to George Turner today at the Alfold show and told him that you two guys were trying to contact him. He confirmed that his new email is as Bob has given above and promised to look at it for me although he admitted he is not too good at technology and relies on Mrs T apparently.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor