Forum sponsored by Dremel

North Wales Model Boat Rally

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Abell29/07/2009 09:53:41
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
Hey.......Stavros!

How did the waterline pictures of the Great Eastern turn out?

Bob
Just A Model Boater29/07/2009 17:14:01
2 forum posts
Fear not Dave I shall be there got to go somewhere to celebrate my 70th
Phil Abbott04/08/2009 23:31:23
22 forum posts
4 photos
Well as the event gets closer the plans are well underway, that is to say we have a load of ideas, well just a couple really,  Springers, straight running and club 500's on the small lagoon, everything else that floats on the large lagoon and the OMRA lot on the main lake (well they do need a lot of space). We will accomadate all styles of models and will have several courses laid out for your fun, and of course we have the BBQ and night sail on the Saturday----so start fitting lights (for the boats--we'll light the BBQ)
And if you run out of bits---well, there will be a few traders there who should be able to help.
We will also have a bring and buy table, so search out all that stuff you no longer need and bring it along (try and keep it boat-ish) sell to fellow boaters and buy more stuff you can take back...............
The will be mains available during the day for battery charging (mark your batteries and chargers !!!) So you will be able to spend the whole 2 days sailing.

More details when we have made them up..........

Oh and don't forget, free camping next to the lake

Bob Abell14/08/2009 16:40:35
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
Hello Phil

I assume the show is still on for tomorrow?..........Just checking!

Bob
Colin Bishop14/08/2009 16:50:15
5194 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Yes Bob, the latest information is here:

Colin
Bob Abell15/08/2009 08:49:43
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
The show starts today, chaps!..................See you there?

It`s a lovely drive from Manchester...............about 114 miles, each way

Looking for drive ideas and any tips for my giant Slo Mo Shun ........etc

Bob
Bob Abell16/08/2009 06:30:01
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Bob Abell16/08/2009 08:31:42
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

What a tranquil scene?
Just A Model Boater16/08/2009 20:38:20
2 forum posts
Just arrived home after 250 mile journey great week-end great company thanks to all those that did the organizing only problem is I left a boat there think it;s called a senior moment ( not the boat me leaving it there ) didn't miss it until I got through Manchester quick phone call and all is well it's being looked after
       Bob
Bob Abell17/08/2009 09:27:26
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Alan Breeze and his wife from Etherow model boat club, sailed his big scratchbuilt rescue launch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor