Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Jones 303/07/2009 23:17:20
18 forum posts
Thanks Dave nothing wrong with your instructions

Dave
The Long Build05/07/2009 16:48:55
753 forum posts
281 photos
This thread now needs to be deleted as the original posts appear to have also deleted or can other people still see them ??
Colin Bishop05/07/2009 16:54:50
5194 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Posts were hidden temporarily.

Colin
Phil Abbott10/07/2009 19:05:52
22 forum posts
4 photos
Just to say I have beem a bit quiet on this for a while as there was a small problem with algae on the lake, and we were worried we might have to cancel. Good news after meeting with the Park Warden today all is well and the event is all go go go.
We will be doing a night sail on the small lagoon on the Saturday night, either during the BBQ, after the BBQ or even with the BBQ, so fit lights !!!!.
There will be 230 v for battery charging during the day (plus of course the various traders who will be more than happy to sell you more)
Of course if you plan to arrive on the Friday, you can night sail then as well.
I wil be posting an idea of the event details later (which of course are very "loose")
Phil Abbott22/07/2009 22:18:06
22 forum posts
4 photos
Sorry to do this, but I have just been asked to post the following, as it was felt that due to undue publicity regarding the algae it would put people off,

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Phil Abbott24/07/2009 21:11:16
22 forum posts
4 photos
It seems no sooner than I get one bit of info its out of date.
We have just been told by the Park warden the the alert of the algae has now be reducecded from RED to Amber, all boating is being allowed (canoes, sailing, etc) but more to point the models are allowed.    So the event is really back on (ignore press from now on !!!)
As it is and Amber altert, it is felt that all model boaters should wear gloves when putting  models in and out of the water (just to be on the safe side)  We will be suppling these, so don't panic. Its hoped by the event the lake will be clear any way.

All the traders have been informed, so spread the word.

All boates catered for (inc IC, OMRA etc)

So Start packing
Dr John Booth25/07/2009 07:50:01
90 forum posts
1 photos
I am curious as to why is it felt necessary for people to wear gloves and what the health implications of this algae might be?

John

Edited By Dr John Booth on 25/07/2009 07:50:23

Bob Abell25/07/2009 08:25:14
9337 forum posts
2985 photos
We visited Llyn Padarn last week, and there were kids swimming in a side pool!.............Without gloves too!

Couldn`t resist the last bit!..........lol

See yer there!....................Bob
Dave Milbourn25/07/2009 17:48:26
4025 forum posts
282 photos

"I am curious as to why is it felt necessary for people to wear gloves and what the health implications of this algae might be?"

Dr John
 A spokesperson for the water company has told our reporter that they "can accept no liability for any adverse effects - real or imagined - caused by failure of the public to observe irrational H&S rules. It has been found in the past that exposure to such environmental hazzards can result in serious litigation". Perhaps it causes Swine Flu too?
 Liz and I will be there, but I think we'll be taking a flask..................

Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 25/07/2009 17:49:42

Paul T26/07/2009 07:32:03
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles
Did the water company really state "irrational H&S rules" its nice to know that at least one public service has its feet on the ground.

Dave............perhaps it is a cure for swine flu.....and the common cold.......and at the bottom of the lake we will find Arthurs sword alongside the holy grail.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor