By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

North Wales Model Boat Rally

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Jones 325/05/2009 19:55:24
18 forum posts
I am organising a model Boat Rally on August the 15th/16th this year.There is FREE camping on site for the ones that want to stay out and there are plenty of B&B's around the area.Sailing will be either on the Lagoons or on the main Lake at LLanberis by the Slate Museum.Ther will be traders in Attendance who will make you part with some cash!!!!!

If you need any info just email me at stavros@compo.f9.co.uk

THIS SHOW IS TOTALLY FREE NO ADMISSION YES YOU DID READ IT RIGHT FREE

Dave

Edited By Colin Bishop on 02/07/2009 22:15:35

Edited By Colin Bishop on 02/07/2009 22:16:46

Dave Jones 301/07/2009 22:45:57
18 forum posts
Just a quick update on this event which contarry to popul repeat NOT canceled ar rumours is NOT cancelled Ibut DEFINATLY ON

Traders cofirmed as comming as follows
ACTion components all electrical goodies esc's etc
MMB Smoke genarators Moptors etc
Component shop   Batts and more Batts
Reades Models...Fittings Bec etc
A Model World...you name it in kits Marc stocks it

The mad omra mob are commign with their loony petrol boats WOW are they Fast
Plenty of boats on the water
Various displays
Straight running by Phil Abbot  and Stavros(the latter is better than his tutor...HA HA)
Club 500 racing
Springer madness
Tug Towing
Loads of spot prizes etc

The name of the gane on htis event is FUN AND EVEN MORE FUN

Where else can you come and sail anyboat whatsoever from an IC to a sedate clipper in shuch specatcular scienery and better than that there is NO addmission charge I repeat it is FREE.
No show in the UK can compare to this one as they all charge addmission even hte traders get in free(now thats a first) 

There is FREE camping whether you have a caravn or tent yes even thats FREE.

Right then without the cooperation of the Padarn Country Park wardens and his staff this evnt would not take place so if you see him in his land rover just say thanks it goes a VERY long way

Special mnetion must also be given to the GWynedd Model and Yaught group without their cooperation it would be impossible for this event to proceed

Now whats stopping you commign along for a weekend of sheer bliss,there is even a night sail on sat night and a barbi....bring your own food sorry but thats nto FREE But the cooking is !!!!!!!!!!!!! Well need anything cremating,oops meant cooking ,well a can of Bodingtons goes down my throat ever so smoothly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serriously though the only rules are as follows

ALL IC TO HAVE A FAILSAFE FITTED AND SILENCED IT WILL BE CHECKED BY AN OFFICIAL AND PASSED TO BE SAFE

IF YOUR VESSEL GETS INOT TROUBLE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO USE THE RESCUE BOAT ONLY MYSELF OR PHIL

IF USING A DISBOSABLE BARBI PLACE ON SOME SLATE AND NOT ON THE GRASS
AND EXTINGUSHED AFTER USE.....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.IF IT IS STILL LIT AND YOU HAVE GONE OT BED AND i HAPPEN TO BE ON A WALKABOTU YOU SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THERE AND THEN

NO ONE TO CLIMB DOWN THE SLATE WASTE TIP TO RESUE THEIR VESSEL IT IS FAR TO DANGEROUS

UES THE LITTER BINS AS PROVIDED

THOSE are the only rules simple isnt it

oh one other important rule

HAVE FUN FUN FUN AND EVEN MORE FUN

Stavros and Phil and not forgetting Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Jones 301/07/2009 22:46:37
18 forum posts
So come on whats stopping you comming I am really surprised there has been no questions asked or repies to this thread

Stav

Edited By Dave Jones 3 on 01/07/2009 22:48:31

Paul T02/07/2009 07:21:36
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Give us a chance we are still waiting for the results from Bletchley Park

Dave Jones 302/07/2009 17:30:19
18 forum posts
What on earth has this got to do with commimg to a 2 day model boat rally in Wales I really DON'T know

stav
60watt02/07/2009 19:43:03
253 forum posts
14 photos
itsa nold mode lboa tsfo rumj oke.
itsn otof ftop ic
Paul T02/07/2009 21:03:06
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles
mayb eits exac tlyo ntop ic, buth owma nywi llge thow itwo rks.
Colin Bishop02/07/2009 21:04:16
5152 forum posts
6118 photos
419 articles
OK, that's enough!

Colin
Barry Foote02/07/2009 21:32:26
161 forum posts
93 photos
Colin,
Sorry but some people just ask for it!!!
The Long Build03/07/2009 00:10:18
747 forum posts
281 photos
"Sorry but some people just ask for it" !!

How CHildish is that , really makes this forum look good !!

Dave has asked a simple question and despite some errors in the text was quite read-able..

The event is being held in a great location , and was a dam good weekend last year. This is the sort of event people are crying out for but all you can do is take the preverbal !!

Hope you all feel better Now..

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Premier March
SLEC
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor