By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Summer 2009 Photographic Competition

Enter our photo competition and win plan sets of your choice - or a hull!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop25/05/2009 12:33:57
4593 forum posts
6071 photos
400 articles

Website Photographic Competition Summer 2009.

Paul Freshney and I have been giving some thought to having a Website Competition for registered members. We did not just want to have a simple lottery but something which would showcase the best of model boat building and stimulate discussion on the Forum which we can all learn and benefit from. So, after a bit of head scratching, we have decided to have a photographic competition. Most people have access to a digital camera these days so just about anyone who wishes should be able to enter.

The twist will be that the winning photograph will be the one which looks most like a real ship as opposed to a model!

Closing date for entries will be Friday 31st July 2009 and the winners will be announced shortly afterwards.

So just start posting your photos below and good luck!

Colin Bishop
Website Editor

The Rules.

1. Entrants are invited to submit up to three photographs of their models on the Forum Website Photographic Competition Topic for consideration by the judges

2. If more than one photograph is entered it would be helpful if they are all contained within the same post. This will make it easier to administer the entries.

3. Each photo will be assessed by the extent to which it appears to depict a real vessel rather than a model. Close up views of part of the model will be eligible as well as photos of the whole model. Models photographed may be either working or static. Dioramas must have a predominantly nautical theme.

4. Only one prize can be won by each entrant.

5. Judging of the most realistic photo will be by the Model Boats Editorial Team.

NOTE! If you have any questions about the Competition, please post them on the Summer 2009 Competition Q&A thread. Only post actual entries on this one.

The Prizes

1st:  Any three sets of plans from the MyHobbyStore plans range.
                                             Or
        Any one hull and associated plan from the MyHobbyStore range.

2nd:  Any two sets of plans from the MyHobbyStore plans range.

3rd:  Any one set of plans from the MyHobbyStore plans range.

Conditions of Entry

To enter the competition you need to be a registered member of the Model Boats Website. Registration is free and takes only a few moments from the website Home Page.

Photographs entered in the competition may be published in the magazine at the discretion of the Editor after the competition closes.

Unless you specifically indicate otherwise, MyHobbyStore or its agents may use your registered Email address to contact you with information on products and/or services which may be of interest to you.

The competition is not open to employees of MyHobbyStore or regular paid contributors to Model Boats magazine, “regular contributor” being taken as someone who has had three or more paid articles published in the calendar year ending with the June 2009 issue of the magazine.

No correspondence will be entered into.

Edited By Colin Bishop on 25/05/2009 15:19:47

Edited By Colin Bishop on 25/05/2009 15:20:04

Paul T25/05/2009 15:23:00
7183 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles
Here is mine

Paul
Bob Abell25/05/2009 19:39:57
8949 forum posts
2824 photos

Just as an experiment and to promote interest, I`m submitting this one.....But I`ve added a touch of Artist`s licence!

PS GREAT EASTERN

Bobrunel

jenno25/05/2009 20:22:06
1 forum posts
24 photos
Hi,

This is my American Beauty pushing 4 coal Barges,She's 1:55 scale and measures 11ft in total.

Mark Jennings.             (Jenno)
HS 9326/05/2009 00:58:57
91 forum posts
25 photos

Please remove

Edited By HS 93 on 26/05/2009 01:07:40

Edited By HS 93 on 26/05/2009 01:08:23

HS 9326/05/2009 01:07:02
91 forum posts
25 photos
A couple of pictures of a  fireboat at speed taken this month.

Peter
Paul T26/05/2009 06:17:11
7183 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles
Colin,
Sorry to split them up but here are two photos of my first really big build.

Photos taken 2 years ago.
Bob Abell26/05/2009 06:46:23
8949 forum posts
2824 photos
This Jeanie Deans at war picture seems real enough?..........taken with a gun camera on board a D H Mosquito, somewhere along the Solent?

Mike Pendlebury26/05/2009 12:43:50
53 forum posts
85 photos

Pictures of a 1/6th scale Mersey Class lifeboat based in Scarborough, North Yorkshire.

Mike

Kevin Coombs26/05/2009 13:21:26
4 forum posts
17 photos
model slipway 1/72nd scale puffer "vital spark"

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Nylet
Sarik
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor