Forum sponsored by Dremel

Component Shop

Is it still there?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

David Edge15/05/2009 16:13:07
7 forum posts
At Beale Park, I ordered and paid for a special battery pack.  Delivery was promised for the following week.  No goods have arrived but  I have had no reply to two telephone messages on his answering machine or three emails.
This matter is somewhat urgent as I gave the gentleman on the stall my old battery pack from a transmitter!

Does anyone know anything about this organisation?
Colin Bishop15/05/2009 20:00:13
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
I ordered items from the Component Shop last week and this week and received both. There was a delay on this week's delivery (down to the Post Office) and they responded immediately to my email asking for confirmation that the order had been dispatched. Seems a bit at odds with your experience. They do have a good reputation. Are you sure you contacted the right Component Shop? there seem to be several of that name listed online.

Colin
David Edge17/05/2009 09:53:55
7 forum posts
I have used the email facility on their website: http://www.component-shop.co.uk  which is orders@component -shop.co.uk.  They give a phone number in their catalogue - 0845 1309967. 
My cheque has been cashed!
Colin Bishop17/05/2009 10:39:28
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
David,

I got a reply from them after emailing that address last week. The reply came from Iain Lewis on info@component-shop.co.uk

They are only a small family concern and may be away for a few days either at a show or on private business but they do usually respond very quickly indeed.

Your quoted email above is not quite right as it includes an ectra space in the middle - should be orders@component-shop.co.uk

I would email them again for an explanation.

Colin 
David Edge17/05/2009 15:44:24
7 forum posts
The extra space was a typo!  I have emailed them again so lets see what happens.
David
David Edge18/05/2009 11:43:57
7 forum posts
I sent an email at around 3.45 pm on Sunday 17th.  I received a reply at around 11pm the same day.  In the reply Ian Lewis says that he will be contacting Royal Snail as he has sent the package.  It is a bit of a pity that he hasn't responded to my earlier email ( or the message left on his answering machine)  but as stated by Colin Bishop "They are only a small family concern and may be away for a few days".  Had he responded I would NOT have gone public like this.

David
David Edge05/06/2009 19:24:45
7 forum posts

It is now nineteen days since I had a reply from Ian Lewis.  In that time I have emailed him twice; left one message on his answering machine and have tried to leave a message on his telephone on three other occasions.  These attempts failed because the voice mail inbox was full.  There has been no response from him and neither have the goods been delivered.  In one email I asked him to send a replacement and undertook to return the original should it be delivered to me.

So far as I am concerned this may be a small family business but their customer relations and service are appalling.  I will not be dealing with them again.  Of course, it may well be that the reason for the non delivery of the goods is that they have been lost by Royal Mail. However, that does not negate my complaint about the lack of customer relations".

I have now obtained a new battery for my transmitter from a different source.  It was delivered 2 days after I placed the order by telephone."

David Edge07/07/2009 10:42:43
7 forum posts

The battery pack eventually arrived after being stuck in the Royal Mail system for six weeks. Although the package did not appear to have been subject to Royal Mail’s usual rough handling and the pack was well protected with bubble wrap, the connector was detached from the power leads. Mr. Lewis emailed me a returns label. I sent the pack back to him and have received a refund. 

In a letter to Mr. Lewis I pointed out that whilst he may have been on holiday, an automatic “out of office” type automatic reply would have been helpful.

This matter is now closed.

neil howard-pritchard07/07/2009 13:37:55
2239 forum posts
2669 photos
good manners cost nothing,

and sadly some suppliers seam to think that they have a captive market with no where else to go, and  thereby operate  a  " like it of lump it attitude"   

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 07/07/2009 13:38:58

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 07/07/2009 13:39:41

ashley needham07/07/2009 18:38:34
7637 forum posts
159 photos
I too requested some info from them and sadly have recieved as yet no reply (3 weeks)  ??  Ashley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Sarik
SLEC
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor