Vosper air sea rescue

Plans needed

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Wrinkley P04/05/2009 13:16:07
3 forum posts
7 photos
Help!
I wish to build a 24th scale Vosper Air-Sea-Rescue launch.
I have a suitable 32" hull but want to scratch build the rest.
I have a few photographs, but does anybody know where I can get plans/drawings for the superstructure that are good enough to work from.
One of the main problems is the cross section of the bridge structure.

I would prefer to build one of the later launches eg 2754,2757,2767.
Or perhaps the (earlier?) 2554.
Any pointers would be welcome.

Colin Bishop04/05/2009 13:48:01
4299 forum posts
6051 photos
394 articles
John Pritchard's plans are available on this site! See http://www.myhobbystore.com/c/80/Plans---John-Pritchard.html

Colin
Tony Hadley04/05/2009 14:39:31
892 forum posts
533 photos
Vic Smeed's RTTL is available from this site, plan MM 530, 34" long model.
Phil Smith still offers the plan for scratchbuilding the original Veron kit RTTL 2749. 28" long model.
Phil can be contacted at 32 Verwood Crescent, Southbourne, Bournemouth. BH6 4JE.

Hope this helps,
Tony. 

Wrinkley P04/05/2009 15:30:57
3 forum posts
7 photos
Thanks guys!
I knew there would be someone out there able to help.
Parry
mick05/05/2009 15:29:14
127 forum posts
74 photos
just look on albums i have put my boat on is this what you
are looking for hope this helps mick
Wrinkley P05/05/2009 23:36:27
3 forum posts
7 photos
Thanks Mick.  Most impressive!
Do you have a head on shot of your RTTL?  I have spent the last 2 days drawing up plans for the wheelhouse with which I am happy except that I am not 100% certain about the cross section.
Incidentally I have photos of 2768 & 2769 (both white overall) which show the locker(s) in front of the wheelhouse made up of strips. What did you do?
Parry
HS 9306/05/2009 01:13:21
91 forum posts
25 photos
this is a handy site for your project you have to hunt about a bit but you will find plenty of detail

Peter

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
PremierJuly 2019
Cadma new
Premier Thursday
Premier March
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor