Forum sponsored by Dremel

Jeanie Deans at War

Maiden voyage

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Abell25/04/2009 20:59:50
8342 forum posts
2558 photos
Took advantage of a pleasant evening tonight and had the first sailing of JDAW with the help of my No1......Duckie

She sailed straight off the drawing board, as they say, no trimming required!.......Just lucky?

Took lots of pictures but the background of parked cars etc spoilt most of the shots

More action

shots to follow.....................Bob
Bob Abell25/04/2009 21:07:42
8342 forum posts
2558 photos

Converted to BW...........The water was pea green!
neil howard-pritchard25/04/2009 21:43:28
1163 forum posts
181 photos
she looks fabulous, bob.
truly well done.a real credit to you.
neil.
Bob Abell25/04/2009 21:46:15
8342 forum posts
2558 photos
Thank you Neil

More pix in the morning!

Bob
Colin Bishop25/04/2009 22:02:15
4299 forum posts
6051 photos
394 articles
Superb Bob, congratulations! She really does capture the essence of the original ship.

Colin
Bob Abell26/04/2009 06:43:47
8342 forum posts
2558 photos
Thank you Colin...............How`s this for a close up action shot?

The bow wave was nice with a good rate of knots too................Bob
ashley needham26/04/2009 07:37:25
5924 forum posts
195 photos
Bob, very nice indeed (if a little rusty). The b&w shot looks amazingly authentic!  Ashley
Bob Abell26/04/2009 08:01:19
8342 forum posts
2558 photos
Thank you Ashley........Here`s another close up...

A good healthy paddlewash!.................bOB
David Meier26/04/2009 09:53:21
205 forum posts
81 photos
Fabulous looking ship Bob. You must have been chuffed at having no hitches on the first voyage. There is an impressive amount of water turbulence from the wash.
David.
Colin Bishop26/04/2009 10:12:54
4299 forum posts
6051 photos
394 articles
Those pics look just the thing for a photo competition I am in the process of putting together for the website. The basic idea is to give prizes for the photos of your models which look closest to the original vessel and make it hard to decide whether it is a model or not. I have to draft the rules and run it all past the powers that be so it may take a week or so to launch. But you can start snapping in the meantime....

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier Thursday
Cadma new
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor