Website Editorial

Change in website and forum moderation

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop06/04/2011 14:50:22
4156 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles
I have created a new topic heading of Club News which can be used to generally publicise clubs and their activities. However notifications of specific events should continue to be posted on the Shows and Events topic.

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 06/04/2011 14:50:50

Colin Bishop28/04/2011 10:19:08
4156 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles
The cover and contents of the June 2011 issue are now available on the home page.

Colin
Byron Rees...(Ron)18/10/2017 11:25:16
97 forum posts

To All MB readers.

Aah well, it won't be long before the Winter Special drops on the mat and we get a chance to read probably the last Model Boats edited and overseen by Paul Freshney. After 10 years at the helm Paul will go down in history along with other fine editors like Vic Smeed and John Cundell who have all ensured that 'our' mag was always interesting, topical and filled with projects and articles that inspire.

As an avid reader and collector of Model Mags, looking back through Model Maker Mag of the last century!! up to the magnificent MB. mag of today it is plain to see the influence the editors have made over time. Today Model Boats stands as the only one of its type in the country, which is a shame, but clear and concise articles, bright and sharp photographs, nicely spaced and well thought out, articles that give enough details so that readers can have a go at them themselves and all write ups have a beginning, a middle and an end, given readers satisfaction and closure.

I feel Paul has in many ways been instrumental in bringing our magazine into the 21st century and embracing the best modern technology and computers that we have today....I hope and trust his successor will continue to do so.

Well done Paul and thank you for all your endless hours at the PC correcting our diabolical English,your hard work stands as a memorial to your effort and enthusiasm and people who read and collect mags like MB will go back over and over them and gain considerable enjoyment today and into the future.

I hope you and Rose have long and happy retirements, you've earned it.. Well done again.

Ron Rees.

Paul Freshney18/10/2017 13:00:25
289 forum posts
12 photos

Ron

Thank you for your kind words - I can say no more, but now H.M. Government is giving me a bit more than it takes in income tax every 4 weeks, yes, I am a happy bunny!

Paul Freshney

Bob Abell18/10/2017 17:19:28
8270 forum posts
2530 photos

Hello Paul F

I too share the same thoughts and sentiments that Ron has just mentioned

We too have had a very pleasant relationship over the last ten years, especially during the Magazine article publication times and the interesting talks we had together with Paul T at the Haydock Shows etc

It is slightly sad to see you leave the Magazine Editorial side of things

I'm sure, Graham is an excellent replacement, so the Mag will be in good hands

We all wish you the very best in your future retirement and hope to meet you again one day, at the Shows etc

All the best Paul

Bob Abell

Paul Freshney18/10/2017 17:57:24
289 forum posts
12 photos

And thank you Bob.

We, Mrs F and I, will be at Haydock Park for the Model Boat Convention in 2018 and you will, as for the last 3 years, probably have to get past her on the door, even if you haven't realised it before!

Thanks again for your kind words.

Paul Freshney

Edited By Paul Freshney on 18/10/2017 17:57:56

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Premier Thursday
PremierJuly 2019
Pendle Boilers
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor