Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Uploading to albums

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pierre07/02/2009 09:24:46
86 forum posts
65 photos
Whew, after a lot of sweat, finally managed to upload photos to an album!
Sorry Mr. moderator but I think there is something very buggy about this section of the site - constant hangups and slow connections. I had trouble uploading more than 2 pics at a time, otherwise the dreaded hourglass became permanent!  I had the same result on three computers - my desktop, my laptop and my son-in-law's laptop .
Anyone interested have a look at my last picture - totally off this lists topics, but I couldn't resist adding it!
Cheers - Pierre
60watt08/02/2009 16:54:18
253 forum posts
14 photos
Pierre,the remaining problem I have is that I only see the text showing the number of posts and photos under an avatar.I get no navigable link to posts or photos.Can anyone help with that?

So far I have not had any problem uploading here but I did notice the new interface is similar to Flickr or Photobucket where you have to have Javascript and use an ActiveX for multiple uploads.That inevitably involves tailoring security settings at least once.
I suggest you try the photos in a different order in case pic 3 is a duffer.

This is another test posting.
I've tried Firefox IE7 and IE8 and I am now trying Google Chrome  to upload a 474k jpeg of a rowing boat.I shall remove it unless it shows as a thumbnail.
(One of my pet hates is folk posting 10megabytes of photos on a thread or not bothering to use thumbnails when they use Photobucket or Flickr)

John Edward23/02/2009 09:51:30
8 forum posts
75 photos
i am glad that I am not the only one having this problem I have 58 pics to put on and only managed 1 to date
Colin Bishop23/02/2009 10:30:32
5194 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
I have been uploading pictures to update the articles section on the homepage for several days. In most cases this entails creating an album and loading in up to 35 jpeg images, five at a time. I have had no problems and the uploads have been very quick.

However, all my pictures are between 50kb and 100kb each. There is no point in making them any bigger as this is sufficient  resolution for the site.

If you are uploading much larger files straight off the camera then they will indeed take a lot longer to load and the process is more likely to go wrong depending on how good your broadband link is. Once they arrive on the website they are reduced in size anyway so It is much better to reduce the images to something like "Desktop Resolution" or a bit smaller before uploading using the free image resizing programs you can get on the Internet. I use VSO Image Resizer for Vista but you can also get a similar program from Power Toys for XP.

Colin
John Edward28/03/2009 14:45:22
8 forum posts
75 photos
can enybody tell me how to crop my pic so i can have a face insted of just my name

Colin Bishop28/03/2009 15:48:45
5194 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
John,

Do you mean crop as in select part of a photo or simply reducing the file size of a picture?

In the former case you need either a photo editing program or else a scanner which usually permits cropping when the scan is done.

If you just need to reduce the size of the picture so you can load it as an Avatar then you can use an image resizing program - see under FAQs on the Homepage. Something like 800x600 will bring it under the stipulated 500kb limit.

Colin
Peter Fitness28/03/2009 22:20:38
510 forum posts
215 photos
VSO Image Resizer is also available, free, for Windows XP, and is an excellent tool. I usually resize to 800 x 600, which gives an image size of under 100KB, allowing much quicker uploads.

Peter.
Barry Foote02/05/2009 08:49:00
161 forum posts
93 photos
Having problems uploading to a current album. It kept rejecting the upload after several minutes, so I tried one at a time and got two pictures to upload but it took several minutes each to do. After that I could not upload any more. All my pics. have been resized to less than 100kb. Is this just a temporary glitch? or something more sinister....
Colin Bishop02/05/2009 09:04:26
5194 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles
Barry, what sort of error message are you getting?

Colin
Barry Foote02/05/2009 15:55:54
161 forum posts
93 photos
Colin,
I just tried again with two small pictures and after an age, the screen turns white with this exact message:

• Sorry - the website has an error and the page you requested cannot be displayed at this time. Please try again later.
           Sorry - the website has an error and the page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. Please try again later. 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor