By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Crew for US Coastguard boat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Campbell Sims07/01/2009 22:09:00
10 forum posts
Having built  a Billings US Coastguard boat I would like to put a couple of crew figures on it, but have had no sucess in finding anything suitable both in the States or the UK. I have tried the usual toy shops etc. the scale is 1:20. Has anyone got any suggestions, I would be obliged. I am happy to alter the figures to suit.
Paul T08/01/2009 19:13:00
7231 forum posts
1226 photos
2 articles

Try Cornwall Model Boats

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/sites/2/images/member_albums/1859/375_19_sml.jpg

375.19 Technician, standing, with binoculars 1:20

Finely detailed, hand-painted plastic figures for model boats generally; ideal for multi-function working vessels. Developed from original photos supplied by the DGzRS (German Sea Rescue Association).
Description: Technician, standing, with binoculars
Scale: 1 : 20
Height approx. 85mm

Paul

mick08/01/2009 21:08:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya  campell

the same figures are also available from redbank models blackpool and on ebay by the same seller

there is also another way ? try the tamiya pit racing team in 1/20 scale 

they have four figures in the set with a bit of modifying  they could be 

made to look the way you require  hope this helps mick look on my

model of vietnam boat they were the 1/20 pit racing team figures

Campbell Sims08/01/2009 22:05:00
10 forum posts

Gentlemen

I knew I must have missed the plot? Should have realised these options. Many thanks for your input, appreciate your time and suggestions.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Shrek
Nylet
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor