Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Paddler at Ellesmere

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
mick23/12/2008 18:32:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

the fella who built the paddler was called bill?

he was in the old old wigan boat club  before joining the southport club the paddle wheels 

were powered with two 12v bill got from the scrapyard most of the model was made from cardboard

tomato boxes and what was donated to his project he always said  why spend a fortune when you 

can do it  on  a shoestring but he was one of the best modellers   i have seen  but eccentric  was

right 

David Wooley23/12/2008 20:45:00
599 forum posts
702 photos
8 articles

The crane in the picture is the work of members of the Wirral Model Boat Club Dave Morris and Mike Friend. it was constructed as part of the  F6 demonstration  on the water  team event which was  a major competitive event at the Boat Convention Ellesmere Port Boat Museum in the 1990s and  was well documented in the Model Boats magazine  around 1995 { I think} . The team and individual demonstration  events F6 and F7 were very popular with the general public and modelers alike . This event ran simultaniously with  Stan Robinsons "battle events" were there were copious amounts of smoke and noise.  The largest model ever to attend  the Convention was  Duncan Cameron's  28ft carrier   HMS Invincible. Which was "towed   and docked"  by no less than 6 tugs.

Dave Wooley

John Boyd23/12/2008 21:12:00
31 forum posts
68 photos

Many thanks for info mick she is one lovely model tug. That carrier is big 28ft very BIG.

Thanks again   mick and dave.

Paul T24/12/2008 07:43:00
7304 forum posts
1228 photos
2 articles
Thanks for the info Dave
David Wooley24/12/2008 15:23:00
599 forum posts
702 photos
8 articles

Your Welcome All the best for the festive season .

Dave Wooley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor