Paravane gear

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T18/12/2008 12:44:00
7334 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hi Bob

Nice little cranes what did you make them out of? I like the floats and I presume that they are red and green so that the crew can place bets upon which will win in the mine sweeping race.

I also like the little hand operated lathe with the white frame is this for turning the spindles for the handrails?

Paul

neil howard-pritchard18/12/2008 13:44:00
1916 forum posts
1747 photos

i think thats the main winch, paul, or have you been on the festive pop and taking the preverbial.

neil.

Paul T18/12/2008 13:53:00
7334 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles
Can't have festive or any other kind of pop so that just leaves taking the whatsits.
neil howard-pritchard18/12/2008 14:10:00
1916 forum posts
1747 photos

it must be hell at this time of the year, especially Paul.

Is it the medication your on. neil.

Paul T18/12/2008 14:43:00
7334 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Yes my friend it's the tablets, I am on so many different meds that I rattle, at the moment I am getting over a bout of pleurisy so I have been confined to the house.

Its single malt, good red wine and decent micro brewery ale that I miss the most.................still I,m not bitter (ha ha) as the last time I tried a glass of wine the reaction lasted for 24 hours.

And yes Christmas is a very difficult time but other people have far greater problems than me so I try to look on the positive side.

Still never mind, I could be a lot worse.

Thanks for the concern Neil and I hope that you and yours have a great christmas.

Paul

Bob Abell18/12/2008 15:16:00
9317 forum posts
2976 photos

Hello Paul and Neil

The cranes and paravanes are based on the photograph shown in the gallery.............and they are very simply made..........two Plasticard sides with a wooden core......plus my usual rivetted card for effect........they are not exact replicas but they look the part!

Yes!...The lathe is in fact a winch!.............It will also look the part when it`s finished and painted

I`ve yet to decide where it will go on board, but probably facing aft, facing the derricks.

Bob

neil howard-pritchard18/12/2008 17:21:00
1916 forum posts
1747 photos

Looks very nice Bob. is it for the Jeanie Deans?

As for booze and christmas.

I had just started drinking and partying at the grand age of 17 many moons ago, when I contracted glandular fever just before christmas, and the one thing the doctor said ( i remember it well)

"well of couse alchohol is definately out for at least six months, but of course you are only seventeen so that won't concern you ,will it my lad"

I thought the world had collapsed on me!

Take care both of you, and my thoughts will go with you all this christmas.

Safe sailing and have a great and healthy new year.

Best wishes, neil.

Bob Abell18/12/2008 17:38:00
9317 forum posts
2976 photos

Thank you Neil

.............And all the very best to yourself and all our friends on the forum...............and special good wishes to Paul and my good friends Velda and Ducky

Bob

Manxman18/12/2008 21:38:00
440 forum posts
133 photos

You don't have to go with out a slurp over the holiday Paul,

There are plenty of alcohol free wines in the shops !

Paul T19/12/2008 16:26:00
7334 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hi Ken

The trouble with the alcohol free wine is that it tastes like paintstripper and has all the nose of a bullock.

It was nice to see your latest superb matchstick creation in Model Boat mag its a shame that I couldn't get over to Ellesmere Port to see it in the show.

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor