Forum sponsored by Dremel

40MHZ RADIO SET DESPERATELY WANTED

Hitec or Futaba 4 plus channel set needed

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
neil howard-pritchard04/05/2022 22:19:34
2260 forum posts
2759 photos

does anyone out there have a fully functional Hitec or Futaba 4 plus channel 40mhz radio set including transmitter and receiver please that i could buy from you.

i need it to set up my Liverpool class lifeboat and practice sailing on my home lake, which is rough AND salt water.

i have two 2.4ghz sets brand new, but they do not work on fleetwood lake, as it is salt water and with the limited space in the hull the receiver will be below water line and wont work in salt water.......

i do have a 40mhz hitec set, but for some reason just wont function........

any help would be greatfully appreciated. thank you.

Ray Wood 205/05/2022 14:47:05
2847 forum posts
993 photos

Hi Neil,

I found this under the bench 40mhz It works fine may need a new battery but it took a charge ok last night, unfortunately no instructions

Your if you want it FOC futaba radio.jpg? PM me your address

Regards Ray

John W E05/05/2022 16:21:59
302 forum posts
284 photos

transmitter.jpgreceuvers.jpgHi ya Neil - 2 things - I have a Focus 6 + 2 receivers for the transmitter + a couple of crystals - but this is what they call a dual conversion set and requires dual conversion crystals to work properly. I am wondering if your HiTec is a dual conversion and you have the wrong crystals in? Just a thought.

However, they are here if you want them.

john

Edited By John W E on 05/05/2022 16:23:55

neil howard-pritchard08/05/2022 01:40:10
2260 forum posts
2759 photos
Posted by John W E on 05/05/2022 16:21:59:

transmitter.jpgreceuvers.jpgHi ya Neil - 2 things - I have a Focus 6 + 2 receivers for the transmitter + a couple of crystals - but this is what they call a dual conversion set and requires dual conversion crystals to work properly. I am wondering if your HiTec is a dual conversion and you have the wrong crystals in? Just a thought.

However, they are here if you want them.

john

Edited By John W E on 05/05/2022 16:23:55

john, many thanks for youtr offer, but that might be a little too complicated for me, being rather thick with electronics................Dave Milbourn was always calling me an idiot god bless him...........

but many thanks for the offer.

neil howard-pritchard08/05/2022 01:43:50
2260 forum posts
2759 photos
Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 05/05/2022 14:47:05:

Hi Neil,

I found this under the bench 40mhz It works fine may need a new battery but it took a charge ok last night, unfortunately no instructions

Your if you want it FOC futaba radio.jpg? PM me your address

Regards Ray

Ray, could i please take you up on your very generous offer, but you must let me pay you something for it, at least let me pay your postage......

and sorry to you both for not being prompt with your kind offers.......i really appreciate your offers. cheers nel.

neil howard-pritchard10/05/2022 14:38:22
2260 forum posts
2759 photos

Ray, may i just thankl you so much for your generosity and kindness in sending me the transmitter and receiver.

it arived this morning whilst i was out shopping.......i cannot begin to describe just how thankfull i am.

cheers neil.

img_2221.jpg

Ray Wood 210/05/2022 15:21:37
2847 forum posts
993 photos

Hi Neil,

Your most welcome for a good cause

Did you find the ends of the joysticks in the bubble wrap ??

Regards Ray

neil howard-pritchard11/05/2022 00:35:55
2260 forum posts
2759 photos
Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 10/05/2022 15:21:37:

Hi Neil,

Your most welcome for a good cause

Did you find the ends of the joysticks in the bubble wrap ??

Regards Ray

yes i did Ray, thanks............have fitted them on this evening. cheers.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor