Forum sponsored by Dremel

Malcolm Frary RIP

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop01/01/2022 20:37:35
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

It has just been reported on the Mayhem site that Malcolm passed away last night.

**LINK**

He will be greatly missed for his ever patient help in giving advice and the benefit of his expertise.

Our condolences go out to his family.

Colin

neil howard-pritchard01/01/2022 22:30:32
2247 forum posts
2706 photos

he will be sadly missed in the area he lived and in wider circles, as he was a very big person in the "back rooms" of the Blackpool model show, where his help and organisation of the bring and buy stand in aid of the RNLI was enormous over the years.

Fred wooley01/01/2022 22:57:12
21 forum posts

A Gentleman of the highest order he will be missed by All th eorganisers of the Blackpool show let alone the club members

My Sinceere condolances to his Family

ashley needham02/01/2022 08:34:42
7640 forum posts
159 photos

My commiserations to his family and all who knew him.

Ashley

neil howard-pritchard02/01/2022 21:47:32
2247 forum posts
2706 photos

sadly further to the very sad news about Malcolm, his daughter posted on facebook tonight this awful and diabolical news.

Blackpool Police tllmau1183Shpa5iml9r0e09 · A murder investigation is underway following the death of a man in Blackpool. We were called around 4.35pm yesterday (Saturday, January 1) to a report of a sudden death at an address in Eccleston Road. Emergency services attended to find the body of a man. Sadly the man, later identified as Malcolm Frary, 76, was pronounced dead at the scene. A Home Office post mortem has taken place and his death is now being treated as murder. Following enquiries a man has been arrested by police and is in custody. Detectives are appealing for witnesses and are keen to speak to anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area between New Year’s Eve (Friday, December 31) and New Year’s Day (Saturday, January 1). Det Ch Insp Lee Wilson, of Lancashire Police’s Force Major Investigation Team, said: “My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with Mr Frary’s family at this sad and very difficult time. “A murder investigation has been launched and we are keen to identify as many witnesses as possible. “While we have made an arrest, we are particularly keen to speak to anyone who can assist our enquiries. “Did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the Eccleston Road area between the afternoon of New Year’s Eve, overnight into New Year’s Day? If so, please come forward. Any information, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could be vital to our investigation.” A 43-year-old man from Blackpool has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting log 1276 of January 1. We would also encourage people to report information using the Major Incident Public Portal: **LINK**

neil howard-pritchard02/01/2022 22:00:34
2247 forum posts
2706 photos

i cannot believe that anyone could do such a thing to the most peaceful unassuming and helpful man that Malcolm was,,,,,,,he was a lovely man to know. god bless him and his family.

Colin Bishop02/01/2022 22:06:56
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Just utterly shocking,

Colin

ashley needham02/01/2022 22:19:41
7640 forum posts
159 photos

Absolutely awful, words fail.

A

Richard Simpson02/01/2022 22:57:03
1016 forum posts
256 photos

I simply cannot believe what I've just read Neil and I am totally stunned. His family must be absolutely devastated.

neil howard-pritchard03/01/2022 00:38:21
2247 forum posts
2706 photos

i can only agree with that Richard.................you hear about it day in, day out, but when it is someone you know...........it is just too hard to imagine what his family are going through............i can only pray for them to be strong.

very very sad indeed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor