mick13/11/2008 21:15:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

i am  just  finishing a perkasa  at the moment  i will post 

pictures of the finished 1/32 perkasa soon  mick

ashley needham14/11/2008 21:22:00
7121 forum posts
206 photos
Mick. What a truly great and classic "pt boat" picture , eh ? I dare say you will take one just like it of your Perkasa when its finished???    Ashley
Mike Davidson15/11/2008 22:25:00
157 forum posts
9 photos

You do realise that there was an HMS Sabre and an HMS Cutlass too don't you, ?Pretty little boats they were too and most impressive at speedI remember well when some junior Lieutenant drove one into the jetty at Guernsey or Jersey....... I have seen all three of them moored alongside in the Portland naval base where I used to go dinghy sailing whilst I was serving at the Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton. Those were the days, I loved it but I was into model aircraft at that time, I remember well trying to get a twin engined model Mosquito airborne, it drove me to drink

mick16/11/2008 17:46:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya ashley

just put the pictures of  the perkasa  in the gallery  just the  flag and  figures to go  on 

hope you like it   just  got too try it yet  it should look better with some figures  on 

mick

ashley needham16/11/2008 20:52:00
7121 forum posts
206 photos
Mick. nice one. Will look great with some chaps on it. One can only won der what the release of just one torpedo did for the stability of the boat?? perhaps they would have to  release two at a time. Ashley
mick17/11/2008 18:02:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya ashley

i agree with you on the torpedos i presume they would have to drop two a once as they went

over the side of the boat they probably  had to line up the boat  as well  in the direction of the 

target  speak soon mick

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor