Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

All New to me

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
michael jacob09/08/2021 14:58:57
2 forum posts

Hi all.

After many years of building wooden and plastic large scale kits I have decided to take to plunge to make a RC kit...Thanks for sharing al the info and no doubt you can expect a lot of questions from me in the near future lol....happy building allsmile d

Ray Wood 210/08/2021 12:43:45
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum, ask away, we will answer ! and photos and details of what your building always helps

Regards Ray

Richard Simpson10/08/2021 17:18:18
766 forum posts
371 photos

Welcome to the forum Michael. If you can make a static model then you can make a RC version! Plenty of people here to help with questions.

As Ray says photos are definitely useful.

Dave Cooper 610/08/2021 17:21:00
320 forum posts
34 photos

Hi

A good place to start maybe to think about what sort of boat appeals to you......eg. Tug, Warship, Racer, Sailing craft etc ?

I think there are beginners models in most of these categories.

My basic rules are :-

1. Keep it simple (at least to start with).

2. Do a float test in the bath /kiddies paddling pool.

3. Radio - go for 2.4 GHz so you don't have to worry about interference.

The experts on here (like Ray, Ashley, Malcolm & Co. ), will guide you through all the details and choices.

Happy modelling,

Dave

Forgot to mention Richard !

Edited By Dave Cooper 6 on 10/08/2021 17:26:13

Empire Parkstone10/08/2021 19:06:36
273 forum posts
8 photos

Before any of that how is your health/ Mobility/ would it fit in the car and how do you get it in/out of the water

neil howard-pritchard20/08/2021 19:00:40
1963 forum posts
1815 photos

c'mon guys, we are trying to encourage people like michael......just listen to the positive post of Ray and Richards...........all the rest of these comments are just putting doubts in michaels mind.

michael..........i have carried a 5' long warship on the back of a BMW motorcycle crossways before now............give or take the odd rear view mirrow or two.............so you just get stuck in mate.........all problems met on the way are surmountable.

enjoy your build.

michael jacob21/08/2021 13:32:51
2 forum posts

Hi all ...thanks for the encouraging comments....haven't decided what to build yet, but I will keep you updated as to progress and problems lol...have a good day everyone smile d

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Sarik
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor