676 forum posts
626 photos

I've been waiting for you Ashley wink,

Just happened to be underground hot springs at the edge of the track. thumbs up

George

gecon07/12/2021 13:57:51
676 forum posts
626 photos

A class 78 (BR78) tank loco and two passenger coaches from the same era, have arrived on the layout. The price of these little gems makes me bit nervous. The cost/cm of a loco20211207_132934.jpg is probably similar to constructing dual carriageway in the suburbs! This is deffinately the end of this railway extravaganza for a good while. So it's back to soldering wires and plugs in the depths of the Colin Archer.

Maybe the deck plate will be on by Xmas so the planking can start.

George

Ray Wood 212/12/2021 09:40:06
2847 forum posts
993 photos

Hi All,

For the railway enthusiasts, January issue of Railway Modeller magazine has a free photographic back scene similar to this one that I just paid £7.99, what a bargain

George, your steamer looks a treat, you could put this scene behind your rm backscene.jpgChristmas tree ?

I don't think Mytime Media will mind this plug as they don't have a model railway title

Regards Ray

gecon12/12/2021 12:22:19
676 forum posts
626 photos

Very nice background Ray! Train ditto! Funny you should mention this right now! Together with the steam loco I recieved a ....yes ...background. It's Faller 180518 and not unlike yours. (but ca. £23) 20211212_115803.jpg

Don't have space for a backgroung on the Xmas layout due to the sittingroom window going almost down to the floor! Do have some natural distant background though. Planning to set up a layout in the store room when the Colin Archer is launched. The new background will go on the wall of course.

Present 'background'... below

George

20211212_115519.jpg

ashley needham12/12/2021 16:58:09
7645 forum posts
159 photos

I am very jealous of that setup George. If I had that, there would be cats walking all over it, presents being dumped on it..slippers...the lad booting it as he slopped by...

Ashley

gecon12/12/2021 22:58:23
676 forum posts
626 photos

I'm so lucky to be living the simple, quiet pensioners life, with none of the above mentioned perils lurking about. Even the wife thinks that this year's Xmas train spree enhances the tree.smiley

Luckily, I have not been required to show the receipts for all the recent incomming postal goods.secret. I hardly dare to glance at them myself.

George

Ray Wood 213/12/2021 09:18:09
2847 forum posts
993 photos

Hi George,

Looking at the view from your window, you don't need a back scene We better not venture into how much our hobbies have cost this would be dangerous territory !!

Regards Ray

Richard Simpson13/12/2021 13:21:05
1027 forum posts
256 photos

My wife keeps track of our spending and once told me how much I had spent on the model railway. I was absolutely astounded!

She also told me how much we had spent on our two Yorkies in the ten years we have had them, which was even more eye watering so I threatened not to buy them Christmas presents this year. Humbug!!

gecon04/01/2022 19:32:54
676 forum posts
626 photos

20220103_124236.jpgThis is closure for the Xmas layout. The tree has been ejected - probably by volcanic activity from Ashleys vision for the future. There has appeared a wopping great crack in the ground - probably by.. " " " " " etc etc. and the buildings have gone too!.

Starting to solder some wires on the Colin Archer -sooner rather than later, as they say.20220103_185203.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor