Can anybody clear this up for me

Need some help

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Phillips 119/07/2021 10:51:49
2 forum posts
2 photos

Hello Everyone,

I have added a couple of photos to an album. I have been told that it is a Liverpool lifeboat by the owner, but a friend says it is a whaleboat. Can anybody identify the correct type of boat, preferably with its manufacturer and/or class/model.

Living in hope

Thank you.

ashley needham21/07/2021 14:56:13
7318 forum posts
156 photos

Hi Ray and welcome to the forum.

it does look like a whaler I must say . Not heard of a Liverpool lifeboat but I am no lifeboat man.

Neil is the geezer who knows all things lifeboat related, hopefully he will post.

Ashley

gecon21/07/2021 15:30:38
497 forum posts
422 photos

The rope along the hull sides makes it look like a lifeboat at least!

George

John W E21/07/2021 16:12:09
276 forum posts
272 photos

Hi there, three pics below :-  are....

1. What I believe to be a Liverpool Class Lifeboat
  2. I am unsure - but may be classed as a standard lifeboat which was man powered using oars before the days of reliable engines.
  3. This one is a Royal Navy Whaler - used for sailing as well as rowing

Also,. if one does a hunt ont tinternet you will come across a similar vessel to which Ray has put on. It is of the Titanic Lifeboat / or similar.

So as they say, the choice is yours yes

John

rnli_on915_friendlyforester_thornwickholidayfarm_flammmborough_12.11.17_on915_nl_lol.jpgbeauchamp.jpgtenby seaboat 69.jpg

Edited By John W E on 21/07/2021 16:17:15

Edited By John W E on 21/07/2021 16:17:39

Edited By John W E on 21/07/2021 16:19:32

John W E21/07/2021 16:16:04
276 forum posts
272 photos

titanic lifeboat.jpgyes  yup - I just found this on web and it looks as though Ray's model is of The Titanic lifeboat.

and....I have just learned that using 'control and V' on my computer works wonders 

Edited By John W E on 21/07/2021 16:18:04

Edited By John W E on 21/07/2021 16:18:57

Edited By John W E on 21/07/2021 16:28:31

Richard Simpson21/07/2021 16:32:31
646 forum posts
302 photos

That is a model produced by an Italian company of what they describe as a Titanic Lifeboat. If you compare it with real pictures of the Titanic boats it is not far off but is not completely accurate either. I have just converted one to a steam launch, and completely changed the scale, which will be covered in Model Boats Magazine in the not too distant future.

p1070811.jpg

p1070821.jpg

Edited By Richard Simpson on 21/07/2021 16:32:57

Ray Phillips 127/07/2021 08:20:02
2 forum posts
2 photos

Thank you everybody who has posted a reply. I am in London at the moment so I may trawl (no pun intended) the antique shops and see if I can get a lead.

Thanks again

Raysmiley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
Sarik
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor