Forum sponsored by Dremel

Trumpeter 1:200 Titanic

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T28/05/2021 15:10:17
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

In a moment of inspiration (or madness) I decided that the coming winter project should be to build the three sisters of Olympic, Titanic and Britannic.

In that same mad moment I opted to 'go big' and use the Trumpeter 1:200 Titanic kit as the base for this project.

I bought two kits off the Internet but luckily found a complete kit on facebook with loads of extras including an extra lighting set, paints and tools.

titanic 1.jpg

titanic 2.jpg

titanic 3.jpg

titanic 4.jpg

titanic 5.jpg

titanic 6.jpg

Chris Fellows28/05/2021 15:57:30
1196 forum posts
752 photos

Certainly was a moment of madness Paul! smiley

Not one but three!

Chris

Colin Bishop28/05/2021 15:59:00
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Yes - Tritanic...

May the Force be with you Paul, you're gonna need it...

Colin

Bob Abell28/05/2021 16:42:43
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

How about a progress report, Paul?

Bob

Richard Simpson28/05/2021 17:03:55
1016 forum posts
256 photos

WOW! Holy smoke, three Trumpeter 1/200th kits! How many winters were you planning on this taking?

Colin Bishop28/05/2021 17:12:43
5192 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Anticipating Ashley's comment - 'two of those would make up into an incredible catamaran.'

I can only guess what Dave M would have said but I expect it might have needed moderation.

Colin

Paul T28/05/2021 18:29:39
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hi Chris

As an idea it has been floating in the back of my mind for a few months but became a more serious prospect a couple of weeks ago when I was helping Liz to empty Daves workshop.

Hi Colin

Tritanic! Did that just come to you or were you just waiting for an idiot to propose building all three? I can imagine the fun that Dave would have had at my expense, but it is partially his fault as I was sat in his chair looking at his well ordered workshop when I decided to take on the project.

He will be looking down on us and fuming that he can't comment on my extravagant madness or the fact that I am building not one but three plastic kits.

Captain Bob

Im not starting until late November but I will post progress reports, I have to decide if I build them one at a time or all three together, both prospects have their merits.

Hi Richard

I have little else to do during the cold months, I was going to build another quarter scale Mosquito but since the doc banned me from flying RC planes I have lost interest in that project.

Paul

Bob Abell28/05/2021 18:42:51
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Thanks Paul for your reply to my question

Better to build only one model and have three sets of ships nameplates handy

Otherwise, you may be meeting Dave, sooner than expected!

Bob

Paul T28/05/2021 18:50:43
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hi Bob

Building one and swapping name plates is certainly one idea, but would it fool the experts because, as you know, the three ships are all slightly different.

Besides I have already bought the kits and I am looking forward to using my new indoor workshop, which will be a lot warmer than the outdoor one.

Paul

Edited By Paul T on 28/05/2021 18:53:13

Bob Abell28/05/2021 18:59:48
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

OK Paul

Perhaps, when you have had enough of the three models. gathering dust. they could go to a Boat Museum for reference?

eg......Ellesmere Port boat Museum?

Eh ?

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor