By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

May 2021 Model Boats Mag

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris E23/04/2021 13:51:48
247 forum posts

Has anybody had their May 2021 Model Boats mag yet which was due to be available today - either digital or print? Or is it delayed?

Edited By Chris E on 23/04/2021 13:52:33

Colin Bishop23/04/2021 14:20:26
4966 forum posts
6089 photos
410 articles

No it's not delayed, mine arrived on Wednesday and others have received theirs too. No doubt your local friendly postie will arrive with it shortly. Official publcation date is actually today.

Colin

Paul T23/04/2021 17:00:34
7334 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Mine arrived this morning.

There is a very nice obituary for Dave Milbourn on page 12 accompanied by a picture of our old friend with a big beaming smile.

Colin has beautifully summed up all of our feelings about Dave and has eloquently written a fitting tribute to a model boating legend that I was honoured to call my friend.

Paul

Chris E23/04/2021 20:58:34
247 forum posts

So it is just the digital issue that isn't available yet.

neil howard-pritchard24/04/2021 21:41:25
1916 forum posts
1747 photos
Posted by Chris E on 23/04/2021 20:58:34:

So it is just the digital issue that isn't available yet.

patience is a virtue.......have faith.

Chris E25/04/2021 09:24:17
247 forum posts

Still no digital issue. Faith left me years ago.

If you consider how long it must take to get an issue printed and then packaged + postal time - say 2 weeks - it is very hard to understand how a digital copy that surely only takes minutes/hours couldn't have been done in the 2 week lead time of the print issue.

Ray Wood 225/04/2021 09:28:17
2484 forum posts
862 photos

Hey Chris,

Look on the bright side, this months free plan is smoking hot

Do you get the plan with the digital issue ??

Regards Ray

Empire Parkstone25/04/2021 10:04:46
268 forum posts
8 photos

Thought discussing Model Boats had its own section?

Chris E25/04/2021 10:54:39
247 forum posts
Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 25/04/2021 09:28:17:

Hey Chris,

Look on the bright side, this months free plan is smoking hot

Do you get the plan with the digital issue ??

Regards Ray

Unfortunately no plans in the digital issue. This is very unfortunate as many plan articles are written assuming that the reader has access to the plans. Quite often even really basic information like the size of the model is missing from the article but included on the plan.

It is very easy as a digital subscriber to fell like a second class citizen. When the time comes I don't think that I will stay with digital unless it becomes more than an afterthought.

Charles Oates25/04/2021 11:35:25
630 forum posts
51 photos

Hi Chris, my point of view is different to yours, some points to consider:

Digital copy is cheaper, it doesn't make you a 'second class citizen' you're just purchasing a different product.

The absence of free plans from the digital edition has been explained ad nauseam, see above.

I don't receive my digital copy untill a few days after the official publication date, I don't remember it being different, so, because this is what I expect, it isn't a problem.

I'm not privy to the roll out practices of the magazine, but I bet there's a good reason for things being the way they are. I'm perfectly content with that, life's too short for me to be concerned with how they run things.

I could go on, but I'd rather be building a model.

Charles.

Edited By Charles Oates on 25/04/2021 11:36:41

Edited By Charles Oates on 25/04/2021 11:37:24

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
Sarik
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor