Commodores Challenge

Build a Slipper Launch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Cooper20/04/2021 10:20:06
464 forum posts
190 photos

Thanks Bob

We have spoken a few times. Last time , I think, you asked questions about my Eezebilt OSA 1 model I started in Lockdown 1.

Tim

Bob Abell20/04/2021 20:18:57
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Prop shaft and Motor drive sorted out for the time being

Now working on the Keel area

Bob

keel setting up.jpg

Bob Abell21/04/2021 13:27:44
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Just out of interest, are there any Etherow Club members reading this thread. please?

Bob Abell

Bob Abell21/04/2021 19:23:43
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Motor. Propshaft and Rudder in position now

Need to squeeze in the Motor Controller, Radio Gear and battery in somewhere yet

All good fun

Bob

motor and rudder 2.jpg

motor and rudder 1.jpg

Paul T23/04/2021 17:09:30
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hello Captain Bob

What a very interesting challenge, slipper launches are beautiful craft and seem to glide across the water.

I will watch your continuing build and hopefully be able to visit the lake when you take her for the first voyage.

All the best

Paul

Bob Abell23/04/2021 18:27:16
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Hello Paul

You had me a bit worried. the last few weeks. matey

Pleased to hear from you again, old friend

I don`t think the Club Members have taken up the Challenge yet, as the event doesn`t take place till September

Can`t imagine any members building the 15" version though......Not enough room for the gear

As you will see.....

Made a start on the crew compartment, having roughly laid out the gear first

The gear will fit below the Crew box floor OK

Bob

l1100290.jpg

ashley needham24/04/2021 09:45:56
7640 forum posts
159 photos

Good work Bob. I see the `usual` gear drive to the rudder has re-appeared!

15 inches is a bit small, and I would be thinking about crew members for a boat that size, or any size really. As I may have said before, something like this needs to be built around available drivers. Shouldn`t be an issue at your size though.

Ashley

Bob Abell24/04/2021 11:18:03
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Thank you Ashley for your words of appreciation

I really am enjoying the challenge of this Challenge!

I`m a little surprised that a few Etherow club members have not got involved yet, but I suppose the September Comp time is a long way away, hey?

Cheers my mate

Bob

Paul T24/04/2021 13:22:27
7340 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Hello Captain Bob

This is probably a silly question but is part of the challenge being able to build and fit out a 15inch model, getting the RC equipment into the sloping superstructure would certainly be a challenge in itself.

Paul.

Bob Abell24/04/2021 14:06:44
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

You got it in one!

I wouldn`t be surprised if a few miniatures turn up in September

The Webmaster, for instance. Geoff Garside makes his own Radio Gear! I think you spoke to the chap yourself at an Ellesmere Boat show, about five years ago, remember him?

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor