Forum sponsored by Dremel

Commodores Challenge

Build a Slipper Launch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Abell14/04/2021 07:54:42
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Been wondering for ages about how can get to the other side of the model?, Then I realised. the model is being built on a loose board!

What a joyous moment?. lucky Bob again

Photo to fpllow shortly

Here it is......Problem solved

Bob

other side.jpg

Edited By Bob Abell on 14/04/2021 08:17:02

Ray Wood 214/04/2021 08:18:33
2840 forum posts
988 photos

Hello,

No barge sailing yet, our club is part of the Bluewater shopping centre here in Kent so today is the first club morning, but I will wait until the rush has subsided to get back on the water and its cold !!

As I'm still working so I will probably bribe one of my grandsons with a new boat to keep him interested at going boating at the weekend.

All the best Ray

Bob Abell14/04/2021 09:04:45
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Hi Ray, so your water is actually in a Shopping Centre?

How unusual? I`m surprised that your club has got permission?

What about the insurance side of it?

You will have a job getting the young ones interested in sailing?

Anyway, Ray, what`s on the bench at the moment?

All the best my mate

Bob

Ray Wood 214/04/2021 09:16:42
2840 forum posts
988 photos

Hi Bob,

I should have said in the grounds of the shopping centre, Bluewater is built in an old quarry with many lakes surrounding it, pretty good club well established with a lake and a canal sort of channel up to the food court Nice to be able to set off up the channel with a small flotilla of boats, but because it's in a quarry the wind is all over the place !

Currently building a Silhouette sailing cruiser but not in a rush.

All the best Ray

Bob Abell14/04/2021 09:23:08
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Hi Ray what town are you talking about?

I fancy Googling it

Bob

Ray Wood 214/04/2021 10:30:05
2840 forum posts
988 photos

Hi Bob,

Dartford / Greenhithe

It's just south and East of the Dartford crossing between the M25 & M2.

All designer expensive stuff not a useful hardware shop in sight

Google = Chantry MBC for the website

Regards Ray

Bob Abell14/04/2021 10:56:41
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Thanks Ray

Had your jabs yet?

We both have, feel a lot safer now, but we still wear our masks, to be on the safe side

All the best

Bob

ashley needham14/04/2021 16:29:00
7640 forum posts
159 photos

Been looking at slippers and ALMOST fancy building one, as putting a smart striped veneered deck on would be very easy. Rubbing strip from some dark shiny wood and a white hull...flat bottom as it doesn't need to go that fast....

Ashley (one jab, next beginning June)

Ray Wood 214/04/2021 16:48:40
2840 forum posts
988 photos

Hi Bob,

I'm going to make the worst joke about building 2 of them, one for each foot

Yes we have had our first jabs and the second booked for May So well organised, It almost makes me realise the British are at there best when something needs to be done,

We put our June holiday back to next year because of all the uncertainty.

Regards Ray

Bob Abell14/04/2021 16:51:25
9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Hello Ashley

I know what you mean, Sunshine...... Veneer stripes, warm colours, lots of mahogany and a super gloss thrown in!

Brushless motor eh?

Flat bottom?......What?......Can`t do that old chap, the plan calls for a vee bottom and a flat bottom would give the opposition an edge

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor