Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

36" fire boat

A boat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Booth29/10/2008 17:16:00
6 forum posts
Hi Stangers, I dont even know what a thread is, its not it seems a descreption. Any way the thing is, I have gotten hold of an unfinnished 36" fire boat that is most likley an old aero kit and i am after some white metal "fixings" ect. Any ideas. Thanks Derek.
Phil Abbott29/10/2008 21:19:00
22 forum posts
4 photos

Hi Derek

Model Slipway do the fittings for the fireboat, not sure if they are the right scale for your one, but worth a call, or check out their web site

Phil

HS 9330/10/2008 02:50:00
91 forum posts
25 photos

also try the http://modelfireboats.com/    web site , there is a lot of info and help to builders on there .Model Slipway fittings are for the 34" 1/16 scale boat.  but you can make your own.

Peter

Derek Booth30/10/2008 08:30:00
6 forum posts

Hi Phil and Peter    

Wow great response, Thank you for that, actually i think it is 34" i'll keep you posted. It was I/C but I've converted it too electric. Sea trials in Clapham pond this week end. Sould the boat be entirely water tight ie deck covers ect. When in the bath i found out how much water can splash over the stern so that getting sealed.

Derek Booth30/10/2008 08:32:00
6 forum posts
PS Does any one have any info on the Clapham model boat club. Thanks Derek.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor