2021 Builds during lockdowns

What have you been building and current projects

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
neil howard-pritchard10/03/2021 22:47:31
2260 forum posts
2759 photos
Posted by Richard Simpson on 10/03/2021 10:20:54:

Sorry to blaspheme on your own thread but orange lifeboats do absolutely nothing for me.

The one with sails however, that is an entirely different story. Beautiful model and so much more character about it.

the Shannon pair i built together, Richard, one for a friend who doesnt build but shows to raise money for the RNLI, and mine was a present from a friend in canada who bought it for me as a way of helping him through depression............the two on the bench........now the one astern of the other is a restoration which turned into a rebuild, again for my friend who shows but doesnt buil;d..........and the one in front.....the Tyne is a lifeboat i served on for a very short period of time asa trainee in the mid 1980s before my new wife decided after only 7 months of married "bliss" we were moving out of fleetwood to be neared to her mother but i am enjoying that one where as the orange other boats i found a way of keeping busy...........the rib i enjoyed as i could work on it on a board on a chair whilst watching TV................AND THE BEAUTIFUL motor sailor, is my kind of build........using old techniques and lovely timbers that bring it to life................and my next one is my 1950's CLASSIC Liverpool lifeboat with all wood interiors, before a 61' classic 1924 61' Barnett class lifeboat...........so thats my building calender.............no more orange ones, lol.

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 10/03/2021 22:51:15

Edited By Colin Bishop on 04/04/2021 10:06:40

Andrew Waters20/03/2021 23:57:52
47 forum posts

Another lockdown build started a couple of days ago.

Billing Boats Hoga. A static display model that I'm building for RC.

neil howard-pritchard22/03/2021 00:49:59
2260 forum posts
2759 photos
Posted by timg on 27/02/2021 21:10:12:

Hi All

Another one finally finished today , Model Slipway kit of a Fleet Tender 1/24th scale . I have had it for more years than I care to remember , she sails really well as good all year round model.

20210227_141804.jpgI will have to make a better stand..

Tim

Edited By timg on 27/02/2021 21:17:28

i've seen a few Mediators and Moderators named in the kits, but not a Watcher before. my old metal work teacher was an RNVR Lieutenant Commander during the 1970/80/90's and sailed on the Watcher and Moderater, and would invite myself and another model boat maker down into the "ward room".......a small spare space for a few noggins when ever he and his ships came into Fleetwood on a courtesy call.........we never seemed to be able to manage to leave the ship sober, lol.

Philby23/03/2021 14:09:59
35 forum posts
14 photos

These are the two kits that I am working on at the present

My first boat builds both from kits

Phil

f74cc394-0bbe-45f0-b508-9b733e4fe970.jpeg

timg23/03/2021 20:10:26
47 forum posts
24 photos

Hi Phil

Great start on both of your models , nice handy size

Keep posting updates pls

Tim

timg23/03/2021 20:22:43
47 forum posts
24 photos

Hi Neil

The good old days lol , I bet you wouldn't get away with it nowadays..

The kit comes with a choice of names

Watcher, Helper, Supporter, Volunteer, Mediator, Moderator, Chancellor and Proctor and the ships numbers to suit. A good selection really.

Tim

Philby23/03/2021 22:44:57
35 forum posts
14 photos

Hi Tim

Thank you for the compliment

It is the first time that I have built boats and still lots more to do on them

But a good learning curve

Phil

Colin Bishop02/04/2021 13:13:47
5194 forum posts
6120 photos
421 articles

Finally finished my Christmas present kit from Navarino models - an Aegean fishing boat.

Review should appear in the magazine in due course.

Colin

greek fishing boat album.jpg

Edited By Colin Bishop on 04/04/2021 10:07:24

Eddie Lancaster03/04/2021 15:26:24
849 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Colin, I do like the beauty in the simplicity of this boat, but you do have both the inside and outside to get right.

A lovely build.

Eddie.

Edited By Colin Bishop on 04/04/2021 10:07:51

Andrew Waters03/04/2021 19:00:57
47 forum posts
Posted by Andrew Waters on 20/03/2021 23:57:52:

Another lockdown build started a couple of days ago.

Billing Boats Hoga. A static display model that I'm building for RC.

Progressing well

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor