Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Gorilla Wood Glue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Marks 115/11/2020 08:36:33
250 forum posts
44 photos

Has anyone tried this product? I have been using aliphatic type PVA for some time and been very pleased with it, but my current supply which is from the Jim Perkins (JP) range is about to run out . The advantage of the Gorilla brand is that it is about 50% cheaper and more readily available i.e. it is stocked by my local Srewfix.

ashley needham15/11/2020 08:42:43
6833 forum posts
200 photos

Good stuff, reasonable waterproof. Very strong. Don’t hesitate!

Its not alphabetic of course, and as I have never used alphabetic glue I could not advise on the difference.

Ashley

Charles Oates15/11/2020 09:04:34
593 forum posts
50 photos

Glue choice often gets different answers, it's not just a matter of how good a glue is, but how comfortable you are working with it. Both Gorilla glue and aliphatic resin glues are popular choices, and with good reason, they both work well. I can only say that you should get some and try it, if it suits your way of working and whatever woods etc you use that's great. Most of us use a range of glues anyway, according to which bit of the model we are working on.

Among my modeling mates, they use everything from cyanno, to cheap shop pva and I've never seen a model fall apart yet.

Chas

Kip Woods15/11/2020 09:57:17
277 forum posts
36 photos

I use the blue Evo Stick, it works out cheaper than Gorilla, easy to work & is paintable. Evo Stick blue

Edited By Kip Woods on 15/11/2020 09:58:22

ashley needham16/11/2020 16:34:47
6833 forum posts
200 photos

Chas has it. Almost anything is fair game on wood especially. Ashley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Sarik
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor