Model Boats November 2020

Cover and Contents

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop22/10/2020 16:07:15
4708 forum posts
6077 photos
402 articles

The cover and contents of the November 2020 issue of Model Boats can now be seen on the website front page.

In the November 2020 issue of Model Boats, don't miss your chance to WIN a fabulous airbrush set and portable spray booth, courtesy of Expo Tools.

Contents:

• Capture the moment: release your inner Spielberg – and no, you’re not going to need a bigger boat!
  • The gorgeous Galway Hooker: the touching story of a model boat builder, his young apprentice and a tricky Båd Mór build.
  • Atomic smitten: reflecting on the 1950s’ atomic-powered prototype NS Savannah and the models produced.
  • Transformed into Torrens: how making modifications to a kit for the Cutty Sark allowed another magnificent Colonial cutter to be created.
  • Phalanx formation: a hands-on assessment of RPG Models’ 1:35 scale Mk-15 Phalanx Close-In Weapons System.
  • A brief history of model yachts: the evolution of these scaled-down beauties explored
  • Hitting the Beach: the mission to build Mountfleet Models LCM(6) concludes.
    Soobrazitelynyy: the step by step guide to the 1:72 build of the Russian multi-purpose Soobrazitelnyy corvette continues.
    Boiler Room: selecting the correct valve for your particular requirements explained
  • Buy the book: riveting new reads recommended.

Plus,

• Compass 360: latest news plus recent prize draw winners announced.
  • A bumper 9-page Your Models/Your Letters/Your Hints & Tips section.
ashley needham22/10/2020 17:20:01
6833 forum posts
200 photos

Riveting new reads....is that a euphemism ?.? 🤓

Ashley

Paul T23/10/2020 11:45:43
7185 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

Euphemism? is the mag expanding into wildlife, I have looked very carefully but there is no trace of a trunk, flappy grey ears or Dumbo shaped images.

Chris E23/10/2020 12:55:42
168 forum posts

The less said about "the gorgeous Galloway Hooker" the better. Mind you I do find it much easier to reach the top shelf than the bottom one.

Ray Wood 223/10/2020 14:56:43
2167 forum posts
756 photos

Hi Chris,

Yes I won't be googling that one

Regards Ray

Francis Macnaughton26/10/2020 08:35:01
110 forum posts

I Keep getting the message below when I try to check if the latest digital issue is available. Is this something wrong at my end or is to do with Pocketmags?:

An Error Has Occurred

I'm sorry but we can't process your request at this time (bad referrer)

Colin Bishop26/10/2020 09:39:45
4708 forum posts
6077 photos
402 articles

Francis,

Somebody else raised the same issue a week ago and the advice from the MTM IT people is as below.

Hope this helps.

Colin

From MTM Subs (Beth Ashby)

I’ve come across this a few times now and it appears to be to do with the access settings on the new browser updates. I’ve put an explanation below for you about how to amend it.

One way the ‘bad referrer’ error can happen is if you are browsing using a proxy server or elevated security settings. This means that the link you clicked to get from our website to the magazine archive gets obscured and the archive website therefore is unable to see the information that demonstrates that you are a legitimate subscriber.

I suspect that you have a security setting on your browser that is blocking referrer information. there is some information here, although it is not particularly easy to understand:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_referer

If you have recently updated your browser or changed security settings/installed security software that may be the root cause.

May I suggest you download the pocketmags app? It will allow you to see the latest subscription issues as soon as they are published, they usually appear on the archive rather later. It’s also more responsive than the archive (you can also view issues through the Pocketmags website). It also lets you download your issues to a local ‘library’ on your machine so you can still view them without a connection. Also, archive access only lasts as long as your subscription, while you can access your subscription copies as long as you have a pocketmags account even if your subscription expires.

Francis Macnaughton26/10/2020 10:25:00
110 forum posts

Thanks Colin - the app gives me access and I'll see about the security settings etc later to try and get access from this site later.

I take it the digital version of Nov issue is yet to come out?

Chris Fellows26/10/2020 14:24:05
796 forum posts
518 photos

I had a look earlier and it wasn't there then.

Chris

Chris Fellows27/10/2020 12:08:10
796 forum posts
518 photos

It's there now!

Chris

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Sarik
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor