FREE Bespoke Model of WWII HMS Diamond

Looking to giveaway a bespoke 6ft scale model of WWII HMS Diamond

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jason Huddlestone04/09/2020 14:21:13
4 forum posts
5 photos

Hi All,

My Dad has a bespoke 6ft scale model of WWII HMS Diamond and would like to give it a new home (for free) rather than just send it to the dump.

It is in need of some TLC as it has been sat in the house or garage for many years.

Please get in touch if you are interested or have any questions.

Many thanks,

Jason

img_9888.jpgimg_9891.jpgimg_9890.jpgimg_9889.jpgimg_9887.jpg

Roger Clark04/09/2020 15:24:27
252 forum posts
88 photos

Hi Jason, it would help if you gave the location of the model.

Regards

Roger

Ray Wood 204/09/2020 17:21:10
2051 forum posts
721 photos

Hi Jason,

Very nice destroyer, it would be good if you asked for a donation to be made to the RNLI then it goes to good cause as well as a new home, those are expensive motors 😀

Regards Ray

Jason Huddlestone04/09/2020 19:25:25
4 forum posts
5 photos

Roger,

Sorry, yes, I should have stated the location.

Heston, in the London Borough of Hounslow, but I'm prepared to drive a little to drop off if it helps.

p.s. Liking the profile pic! smiley

Ray,

Yes please, if anyone wants to make a donation to the RNLI when taking this boat, I'm sure the RNLI and my dad would very much appreciate it.

Regards to both,

Jason

ashley needham05/09/2020 11:12:58
6674 forum posts
160 photos

Hi Jason. I am not that far from Heston (Hampton Court), and although I like the idea of it, it is not something I would specifically want.

However, the thought of dumping it is too much to bear really, and on the off-chance that you get no takers I would be willing to take care of it and do some light restoration before deciding what exactly to do with it, all assuming you just need to be rid of it.

Likely we can easily get it running and there might be a chance for you to see it cruising around the pond at Bushy Park.

This is all assuming you get no takers after a while.

Ashley

Edited By ashley needham on 05/09/2020 11:14:46

Ray Wood 205/09/2020 11:30:51
2051 forum posts
721 photos

Well done Ashley you read my mind 😀

Regards Ray

Roger Clark05/09/2020 13:23:23
252 forum posts
88 photos

Jason, read your PMs (personal messages), they're in the inbox at the top after you've logged in.

Regards

Roger

neil howard-pritchard05/09/2020 15:50:47
1498 forum posts
815 photos

I am amazed that no one as yet has jumped at the chance...………..it is a lovely looking model, and well detailed.

Not my kind of model, as unfortunately where I sail on Fleetwood's salt water lake, which is as rough as the proverbial dogs bum it would be sunk in minutes...……….

but c'mon people, a wonderful offer and a chance to own a lovely model whilse making a decent contribution to the RNLI.

Jason Huddlestone05/09/2020 15:59:19
4 forum posts
5 photos

Thank you Ashley, that is a kind offer. You are currently the front runner and I'm sure my dad would love to see it on the water again.

I'll wait a few more days to see if anyone else is interested.

If it helps to convince anyone, I will gladly match the taker's donation to the RNLI up to max. £100.

Regards,

Jason

ashley needham05/09/2020 16:30:48
6674 forum posts
160 photos

Yes, must be someone who wants it.

it is just too big to contemplate keeping personally, unfortunately.

Give it a few weeks.

Ashley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Shrek
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor