Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

RTTL RAF

RAF Rescue Target Towing Launch 2757

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Edwin Smith16/10/2008 18:33:00
2 forum posts
Can anyone help please. I am looking for a model kit of the above RAF Launch. Kind regards Edwin
ashley needham16/10/2008 19:20:00
5924 forum posts
195 photos
Edwin.. Model slipway do a kit I believe for this, Terry Small did an article on it if you care to look at the build features on the MB site. I hate him, he does such a fantastic job on even these simple things and makes it look so easy. Mr Jealous.
Tony Hadley17/10/2008 07:15:00
892 forum posts
533 photos

Edwin,

Currently there is a ready built Model Slipway RTTL for sale on ebay.

A kit of 2749 was sold by Veron in the 1970's. Sometimes they appear on ebay, or this excellent model can now be scratch built, plans are available from Phil Smith (formerly Veron's designer).

Tony.

Mike Davidson17/10/2008 19:41:00
157 forum posts
9 photos

EdwinI have in my hand right now, plans designed by Vic Smeed which were purchased from the Model  Maker plans service for 8/6 at least three weeks ago, this plan is for a German type MTB(E-boat) which I think used to be called a Schnellboot

I know that I would be doing you a Ginormous favour turning you into a scratchbuilder, but to satisfy your baser instincts, you could still buy a prop shaft and rudder. Vic Smeed's models were legendary, and this particular one looks the bee's knees, and you could let your imagination run riot with all sorts of camoflage paint jobsand crewmen, and all the heraldry of war. I have not built this model, so I don't have a clue what it will end up like, but the E-boats were renowned for their speed and hitting power, so I Thoroughly recommend it to you as a first model to scratch build. it will take a basic two channel radio easily, and it was originally designed for a nought point eight to one point six cc deisel engine, but I think any of the basic electric motors would push it along quite nicely if you followed the plan for propsize and position, soEdwin old chum, would you like it as a gift ?

.................Mike    D

M

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
PremierJuly 2019
Cadma new
Premier Thursday
Premier March
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor