Forum sponsored by Dremel

Pond Yacht

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Wood 209/08/2020 19:48:07
2178 forum posts
761 photos

Hi Paul ,

Treat yourself to some decent Dacron sails for her !! The current ones have no shape !! Frank at Nylet could help 😀👍

Regards Ray

ashley needham10/08/2020 09:07:51
6852 forum posts
201 photos

I am sure they will look better when filled with wind, and doesn’t it add to the vintage ness of it?

How much would a set of sails be for that , out of interest ??

Ashley

Paul T10/08/2020 13:39:34
7186 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

Hello Ray

I might just buy a roll of Dacron and run up a couple of sets and a spinnaker.

Hi Ashley

To make my own will cost about £15 a set and £10 for the spinnaker. You can pick up decent 2nd hand sails for anywhere from £10 to £25 each but I don't know what a made to measure would cost.

Paul T15/08/2020 15:22:56
7186 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

I have been busy on other things and only just managed to look inside the yacht and to my surprise the hull is fibreglass.

Given its age I had been expecting a bread and butter construction.

Sorry but no photos, my camera phone had an accident.

ashley needham15/08/2020 15:53:06
6852 forum posts
201 photos

Are the sides washed light brown then to disguise the fibreglass? Or is the paint just old/yellowed?

Presume this is good news from a restoration point of view?

Ashley. So many questions, so little time

Paul T15/08/2020 16:03:51
7186 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

Hi Ash

The outer hull is perfectly smooth and the light brown colour seems to be the gel coat.

Yes this is great news from the restoration point of view especially as the brown colour is growing on me, originally I was going to go for a white hull with varnished decking but this toffee/caramel shade is appealing.

Paul

Rich Griff 131/12/2020 13:56:43
20 forum posts
2 photos

Any removable hatches, looks big enough inside, even bread and butter construction, for 2 channel rc conversion...

Rich Griff 131/12/2020 13:58:15
20 forum posts
2 photos

Any removable hatches, looks big enough inside, even bread and butter construction, for 2 channel rc conversion...sorry admin please delete this double post...

Edited By Rich Griff 1 on 31/12/2020 13:59:01

ashley needham31/12/2020 14:03:58
6852 forum posts
201 photos

In the absence of further posts I would just like to say that a cream/dark cream/browny-cream colour would also give it a more”vintage” look.

Shouldbe enough room to convert it to r/c, unless Paul is going to run around the lake with a big stick to push it off the bank wherever it lands....

Ashley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor