By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Wanted - Veron Dolphin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Roy Brewer14/07/2020 17:25:18
5 forum posts

I’m hoping to replace my model boat from my childhood. If anyone is thinking of selling theirs, please let me know thanks.

Dave Milbourn14/07/2020 18:54:02
3999 forum posts
282 photos

Roy

You probably already know that this kit was introduced in 1952 and that Veron ceased to trade in the early 80's so the chances of finding a kit are round about zero. However Phil Smith's son does have an archive of many of his Dad's designs and he might be able to supply a plan. Here's a link Vintage Models

Dave M

Roy Brewer14/07/2020 19:06:53
5 forum posts

Hi Dave. Thanks very much for that. I guessed the chances of a kit are pretty remote to say the least but even if I can come across one already built in whatever condition would be good.
Colin Smith came back to me to say that he believes she was designed by one of his father’s draftsmen and doesn’t have the plans for her. Roy

Dave Milbourn14/07/2020 22:55:38
3999 forum posts
282 photos

Good luck, Roy.

DM

Charles Oates14/07/2020 23:10:58
565 forum posts
46 photos

Just an idea, there's a model boat plans group on Facebook (I'm told) where old plans are shared, including requests. It might be worth a shot.

If your search fails, get together whatever dimensions, drawings, pictures you can and post again here. It's likely that an existing plan or model could be rebuilt to look like the old one, and you will probably get some suggestions for a starting point. A lot depends on your modelling experience, but it wont be too difficult.

Charles

Tony Hadley15/07/2020 09:04:18
897 forum posts
536 photos

I managed to find this Dolphin being re-built. Might be worth trying to contact the builder for further information, through the Wicksteed Park Model Boat Club. The Dolphin was 24" long.

**LINK**

Tony

Roy Brewer15/07/2020 09:13:21
5 forum posts

Thanks Dave. All the best and keep safe.

Roy Brewer15/07/2020 09:16:29
5 forum posts

Hi Charles. Thanks very much for the ideas. I’ll see what I can find via Facebook, it might be another good way to widen my search also.

Roy Brewer15/07/2020 09:28:34
5 forum posts

Hi Tony. I’ve been in touch with Wicksteed Park and the Dolphin owned by Roger Clements was completed and displayed on the Wicksteed Park stand at the International Model Boat Show 2018. She’s very pretty indeed and if only .... Thanks very much for the thought though.

Roger Clark15/07/2020 18:31:23
252 forum posts
88 photos
Posted by Dave Milbourn on 14/07/2020 18:54:02:

Roy

You probably already know that this kit was introduced in 1952 and that Veron ceased to trade in the early 80's so the chances of finding a kit are round about zero. However Phil Smith's son does have an archive of many of his Dad's designs and he might be able to supply a plan. Here's a link Vintage Models

Dave M

Sorry to drop in on this thread but thanks Dave smiley, I now have the plans for my part built Damen Stantug coming yippee laugh, yet another missing link for my part-built donations ticked off.

Regards

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor