Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Boxkite IOM yacht

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eddie Lancaster08/07/2020 17:14:39
698 forum posts
526 photos

Hi. All, just a couple of pictures of Boxkite, ready to get her bottom wet for the first time tomorrow if it's fine.

img_0677.jpg

img_0682.jpg

Her multi chine hull.

Regards.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 208/07/2020 18:40:47
2167 forum posts
756 photos

Hi Eddie,

She looks like a speed machine 😀 and will be good practice for the barge racing if we manage to get a race in this year ??

Big news down here is I'm back to work on Monday !!I

Oh well we have got to get the show back on the road 👍

Regards Ray

Eddie Lancaster08/07/2020 18:58:49
698 forum posts
526 photos

Hi.Ray, your ‘holiday’ had to come to an end sometime, I hope you are not too disappointed at having to leave the workshop, if it’s not raining and there is some wind I will let you know how she goes.

Regards.

Eddie.

Tim Rowe09/07/2020 06:12:55
425 forum posts
440 photos

Well done Eddie

That's a great looking boat and being a Bantock, should be be a real performer.

It would be great to see some photos of the innards.

Tim R

Eddie Lancaster09/07/2020 08:07:32
698 forum posts
526 photos

Hi.Tim, some pictures of the internals as requested.

dscf3766.jpg

The hull before any top work done, it was resin coated and a layer of 25 gram glass added, inside and outside.

img_0394.jpg

I used a lever arm servo rather than the winch drum type shown on the drawings.

img_0395.jpg

The steering sevo is suspended from two beams across the top of the hull at the gunwales, the fin box and mast box are the only conection between the deck and keel.

Regards.

Eddie.

Eddie Lancaster09/07/2020 15:36:11
698 forum posts
526 photos

Had a good first time sailing with Boxkite, a bit damp at times with light winds, 0 >.5mph. very promising but the skipper needs to improvefrown

I took the patch off the transome to check for water, the inside was bone dry, so another bonuslaugh.

img_0686.jpg

img_0687.jpg

img_0689.jpg

Regards.

Eddie.

Tim Rowe09/07/2020 15:53:18
425 forum posts
440 photos

That must have been hugely satisfying Eddie. Congratulations.

Tim R

gecon09/07/2020 18:39:02
265 forum posts
241 photos

Looks very nice on the water Eddie. Tried to give ratings on album but couldn't get it to work. Anyway, it's 5*****s from me. Inspires me to get a move on with the building.

George

Eddie Lancaster09/07/2020 19:36:29
698 forum posts
526 photos

Hi.Tim and George, Thank you for your kind remarks, it is very satisfying when everything works as you hoped.

Regards.

Eddie.

Brian Dickinson 109/07/2020 19:50:27
245 forum posts
135 photos

That looks great. Hopefully i will get to sail this weekend. Maybe even encourage me to get on with my Sparrow?

Nice looking boat i bet your very happy with the result, happy sailing

Brian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor