Forum sponsored by Dremel

Returning modeller

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
James Hill 509/07/2020 10:28:28
43 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Dave,

Thankyou , more information to take on board. I have to say, there have been a lot more changes in the model boat world than I realised since I last dabbled , especially on the power and electrical side and I`m grateful for all the help.

Many thanks,

Jim.

harry smith 109/07/2020 10:43:05
1034 forum posts
1282 photos

Hi All

I use the gold bullet connectors between the motor (brush and brushless) and ESC and XT60 's between the battery and ESC.

Harry Smith

Dave Cooper 609/07/2020 10:52:32
163 forum posts
16 photos

Hi Jim

There seems like a lot to learn at the start ! The best advice I can give is to find what works for you.

Inevitably, you will make purchases which don't work out. Put these in the 'spares' box - they'll come in handy one day...

Two further bits of advice :-

1. Join a club - benefits too long to list !

2. Test on the bench first (especially battery life), then in the bath - leaks, power test, rudder and prop under load etc.

Most importantly - have fun !

Dave C

James Hill 509/07/2020 14:58:52
43 forum posts
20 photos

Hi Dave,

Reading your last message matches what I had intended doing.

The nearest model boat club for me is Basingstoke ( about 10 miles ). I also live about 2 miles from the Basingstoke canal, which is where I`ve sailed the tug. I intend to see what is occuring with the boat club during the present situation and will go from there.

I`m pretty certain mistakes will happen and things will end up in the spares box!

I`ve settled on a Vapex 9.6v 5000mah battery and suitable charger from Component shop and a Viper Mtroniks Auto Sport 20 speed controller from Cornwall model boats. How this all matches up, time will tell but I`ve taken the plunge.

Testing will be done as you rightly pointed out long before It`s tried outside.

Fun will be had. I enjoy making the models as much as running them so look forward to when things are completed.

Jim.

James Hill 526/08/2020 21:23:37
43 forum posts
20 photos

I`ve done something wrong.

I`ve taken some pictures of my boat and created an album, ( at least I thought I had ) I put five pictures on and uploaded them as suggested.

On clicking on photos under my name alongside my blog, I get the album up but only the first picture. When clicking on that picture it says, album cant be found.

Could some one point out what I`ve done wrong please?

Many thanks ,

Jim.

Ray Wood 226/08/2020 21:28:54
1979 forum posts
705 photos

Hi Jim,

Have another go ! Nothing in your album yet !!

Regards Ray

Colin Bishop26/08/2020 21:31:32
4508 forum posts
6059 photos
398 articles

Jim,

Not sure what's happend there. When you created the album did you click on the save button at the foot of the page?

Also did you make sure the images were not too large.? The software on the forun is a bit old so files should not ideally be bigger than 1000kb. The images from cameras are usually much bigger than that these days and need to be reduced in size using a resizing program.

Colin

James Hill 526/08/2020 21:43:36
43 forum posts
20 photos

Thanks for the quick replies.

I filled all five boxes and they had their file number alongside. The pictures were sized 800x600pixels. I`m pretty sure I saved them. It`s probably finger trouble on my part and as Ray says , I think it`s worth another try.

Jim.

James Hill 526/08/2020 22:18:58
43 forum posts
20 photos

Is there a time delay before pictures appear? I`ve repeated what I did before and still no luck.

Jim.

Ray Wood 227/08/2020 08:45:35
1979 forum posts
705 photos

Hi Jim,

Try 1 photo at a time, my tablet & internet struggle with 2 or 3 together because of the file size, once you can see your photo in your album click the "Save Changes" option , good luck.

Regards Ray

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Shrek
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor