Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Covid update

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Bob Wilson29/07/2020 14:13:49
1673 forum posts
301 photos

I have been watching the new cases every day in Bournemouth ever since 500,000 of them went to the beach. The most new cases have never been more than 6 per day, and most of the time, it has been one or two, with lots of no new cases at all!

Here in Preston, we are still hovering around 20 new cases a day.

Figure that one out!

Colin Bishop29/07/2020 14:17:36
4513 forum posts
6066 photos
398 articles

Northern hospitality?

Colin

gecon29/07/2020 14:38:53
186 forum posts
184 photos

Salty sea-weedy breeze is healthier than the breeze in Preston? Folk went to the seaside for a 'cure' in the old days. Not for this particular 'pest' though.

George

Chris E29/07/2020 16:32:01
98 forum posts
Posted by Bob Wilson on 29/07/2020 14:13:49:

I have been watching the new cases every day in Bournemouth ever since 500,000 of them went to the beach. The most new cases have never been more than 6 per day, and most of the time, it has been one or two, with lots of no new cases at all!

Here in Preston, we are still hovering around 20 new cases a day.

Figure that one out!

They took it home with them?

Wait 3 weeks from the exposure date & see what happens to older contacts of those on the beach.

Edited By Chris E 1 on 29/07/2020 16:32:31

Bob Wilson29/07/2020 16:47:51
1673 forum posts
301 photos

I have already done that. They went to the beach on the 26th June last, it is now one month and three days!

Colin Bishop29/07/2020 17:10:21
4513 forum posts
6066 photos
398 articles

The majority of those people on the beach at Bournemouth were from outside the area. It was reported that many came from as far away as Birmingham and all points in between. So any upsurge in cases will have been spread around Southern England up to the south Midlands.

The locals were appalled at the invasion.

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 30/07/2020 15:08:21

Bob Wilson30/07/2020 14:29:55
1673 forum posts
301 photos

That would explain it - The amount of rubbish they left was dreadful - We are now averaging about 15 new cases a day up here. Haven't been in town since March. The supermarket scene is better than normal as long as I am there when it opens at 0800. Practically deserted and no queues at that time. In the unlikely event of things going back to normal, I will carry on with this early morning shopping.

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor