Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Colin Archer 1:15 scale

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
gecon26/06/2020 12:51:17
150 forum posts
145 photos

Not sure how good I'll be at a real build blogg but I'll at least post some photos of the progress of the Colin Archer 414 PS kit which I bought of a chap who did not have the time to start building. I've built the stand.... wow! and even given it som Owatrol D1 oil and D2 varnish/topcoat.

Have also just received a 9" plastic dinghy hull which I am going to try to make resemble the dinghy used by the present refurbished RS1 in Norway. It won't be a true-to-scale dinghy but -with a bit of 'manipulation' - it should be acceptable.

George

gecon06/07/2020 08:08:17
150 forum posts
145 photos

Norlandsjolle between two Colin ArchersGood morning all, or maybe someone. Wx is bad in Stavanger today. NW. 30kts. Wave hgt 1.9 metres. But that was in the shower. About 1m on the local fjord.

Following a suggestion, I have posted the dinghy/'jolle' for the CA RS1. Cheated a bit by using a Sarik 9" plastic hull as a basis. I'm in fact pleased with the result. The full size one is photographed somewhere near Oslo, Norway. Photo of the fullsize from the bow is posted in album. Had to take a photo of the PC screen to get it in j.peg format.

Ray Wood 206/07/2020 08:24:43
1917 forum posts
685 photos

Hi George,

That's a good looking dinghy now you have completed the hard part you will have to build the boat to attach it too

Yep grim weather here this weekend didn't sail any boats

Regards Ray

neil howard-pritchard06/07/2020 10:44:46
1446 forum posts
695 photos

beautiful work George...…...so much detailed work in such a small model in its own rights.

superb!

gecon06/07/2020 14:38:13
150 forum posts
145 photos

Thank you gents for your kind words. The standard is a long way off the exhibits presented by yourselves and many others. I am however pleased with the general appearance of the dinghy. It was not actually part of the plan until I started looking at photos on the gallery of the Colin Archer RS1 site in Norway.

The 'tug-boat' for the dinghy will be on it's way up from the cellar store room as soon as building space permits. Maybe I'll have a keel-laying ceremony in the kitchen while waiting for some Fisher-phase to dry or cure etc.

regards,

George

gecon07/07/2020 20:01:03
150 forum posts
145 photos

20200707_194913.jpgThe 'dinghy-tug' paid a quick visit to the boatyard this afternoon. Also pictured alongside the newly undercoated Fisher 34. Easy to note the receipe for a sea-kindly hull shape by studying these two hulls. The Colin Archer internal keel parts will received a few dollops of Stabilit Express tomorrow before returning to the cellar store for20200707_195537.jpg a while.

I still feel it 'clogs' the system å bit to post photos here so I'll post most future progress photos to my Colin Archer album.

George

Ray Wood 207/07/2020 21:45:03
1917 forum posts
685 photos

Hi George,

You know a picture is worth a thousand words so somebody said and I think they are right, the text is secondary to the photos and most of our ramblings 😀

I had a great afternoon boating on the Royal Military Canal Hythe with my grandsons with 2 yachts & a speed boat, they seemed to enjoy it 👍

Regards Ray

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Premier Thursday
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor