Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Spektrum radio

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Brian Dickinson 121/06/2020 15:13:04
238 forum posts
131 photos

Dave. Thank you. That’s just what I want to do. I don’t see the point in having one transmitter per model.

Brian

Malcolm Frary21/06/2020 15:22:08
893 forum posts

And the usual rule as I understand it is that if you select the wrong model, you wind up using it with the wrong settings. Receivers don't bind with settings, they just bind, and it is up to the operator to ensure that the profile selected is the one for that model. Sometimes a big ask.

I try to stick with nice simple radio and adjust my model to fit what the transmitter is going to give me. This thinking was validated by one of my members have a sail arm punch its way through a bulkhead at switch-on.

Colin Bishop21/06/2020 17:12:23
4529 forum posts
6069 photos
398 articles

Like Malcolm I prefer to adapt the model to standard settings if possible. For example rudder throw can be adjusted by altering the linkage between the tiller and servo.

Colin

Dave Milbourn21/06/2020 17:37:13
4003 forum posts
282 photos

Brain

I'm glad to have been of some help. I had a Spektrum set once. I bought it for compatibility testing with ACTion stuff but I didn't like it much and sold it on. I'm now standardised on Hitec but that's become increasingly hard to get hold of. At least Spektrum has a UK service agent.

Colin

I also try to set my models up with the rudders in the same "sense" and the throttles all the correct way round. The throttle fwd/rev is easy but it's not always possible with the rudder, though. I've found that some models are better "tamed" by reducing the rudder servo end-points while others are OK at 100% each way. That's where the model memory really helps.

Malcolm

Very true but, as my late friend Craig Talbot said, "there's nothing you can realistically do to prevent the damage that can be caused by a truly determined idiot".

Dave M

Ray Wood 221/06/2020 18:03:29
1996 forum posts
712 photos

But has it got a 25 model memory ?? I have, but have trouble remembering where I might have put the model😄

That's only half of them !

Regards Rayimg_20200621_171721.jpg

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 21/06/2020 18:05:21

Dave Milbourn21/06/2020 18:26:13
4003 forum posts
282 photos

"So many toys - so little time...."

DM

Brian Dickinson 121/06/2020 18:36:16
238 forum posts
131 photos

OMG Ray. That’s a bit of a stressful shelf.

I hope you have them marked up to models. How do you keep up to the batteries?

Bri

Ray Wood 221/06/2020 18:54:55
1996 forum posts
712 photos

Hi Brian,

I have shares in Duracell 😄 and I bought a Dymo label maker £3.99 in Aldi 👍😄 is brilliant all tx's labelled and when the batteries were new, my Radio Link set for my sailing barge are 2 years old. Interesting to note the Dymo machines are £32.00 in WH Smiths ???????I

Regards Ray

Tim Rowe21/06/2020 21:14:41
405 forum posts
440 photos

To DM and all

I didn't explain the feature very well and I am glad to see the record put straight. I think what I meant to say has been well described. My apologies.

Tim R

Dave Milbourn21/06/2020 23:07:02
4003 forum posts
282 photos

Tim

I have to confess that my explanation took a lot longer to write than I thought it might - and I wasn't very happy with it at the end of the process. If it made some sort of sense then I'm content.

Dave M

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor