By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Wanted - ME mag vol 90 issue 2228 (1944)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Roger Clark19/06/2020 11:20:48
252 forum posts
88 photos

Hi, looking for this magazine or specifically a pdf scan of the Ships Modeller item on the TBD HMS Javelin for a build I'm about to do.

Regards

Roger

Trevor Drabble 119/06/2020 17:51:19
55 forum posts

Roger ,

Have you tried Tee Publishing ?

Trevor.

Roger Clark19/06/2020 18:18:04
252 forum posts
88 photos

Yep tried there sad, think I'll pop an add on the MM forum.

Edited By Roger Clark on 19/06/2020 18:19:43

The Long Build19/06/2020 18:49:37
686 forum posts
270 photos

One here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-ENGINEER-CHRONOGRAPH-20-Jan-1944-vol-90-2228/311309706191?hash=item487b8123cf:g:V9oAAOSwrklU-C2f

Roger Clark19/06/2020 19:23:50
252 forum posts
88 photos

Thanks, I know about that one but it's a bit more than I want to pay for for a couple of pages of writing unless I really have to, I've got it in my watch list just in case.

Ray Wood 219/06/2020 21:38:33
1982 forum posts
707 photos

Hi Roger,

I fairly sure you won't learn that much from the article, there was only very basic description of the ship it's also in the small wartime format pages.

Does the tin plate hull keep the water out ?

Regards Ray

Roger Clark19/06/2020 22:03:36
252 forum posts
88 photos

Hi Ray,

I've got all the rest of the mags that the build was in and they're like a jigsaw so just want it to check I'm not missing anything. It is just a basic generic description of the build, not like what we do wink, my concern is that the plans are faded and quite difficult to read so just gathering every bit of writing Andrew Bowness did on this boat like finding that the 'portholes' were 9" dia, it all adds up to getting it right.

It's not tinplate it's brass and I'm sure it's watertight but will be testing once I clean it up and do some repairs to it, nothing serious just a couple of frames have sprung.

Regards

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Sarik
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor