Inherited model identification & help

Inherited a large model sailing boat & need a bit of guidance

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jo Fleet12/06/2020 17:05:09
4 forum posts
2 photos

Hi all

My grandad built a boat for each of his grandchildren - gradually smaller with each of us, but I’m the eldest! He unfortunately died a few weeks ago & I’ve just collected my boat.
I’m a little daunted at its size and complexity, I’ve never built it owned a model like this, although my husband does build high standard model aeroplanes.

Wondering if anyone recognises the model of boat/yacht/ship (excuse the bad terminology!) as I’m not sure if it was scratch built, a kit or something that’s identifiable.

I do remember sailing her on a local pond, but we can’t see any receivers for the RC.

There’s a few repairs to do the rope balustrade and a general tidy up as it’s been sat on a shelf for nearly 40 years.
I also need to find a way of making a new stand and getting her in a wall in our plasterboarded house, which we’re reluctant to do with her weight.

Any help, guidance or advice is welcomed!

Dave Milbourn12/06/2020 17:14:08
4011 forum posts
282 photos

Jo

We can do little to help unless you post some photos. A guide on doing so is here How to post a photo on MB Forum

Dave M

Jo Fleet12/06/2020 17:18:32
4 forum posts
2 photos

130efe33-fa8d-4c63-a12e-8843aceddd3b.jpeg3f425803-391e-4465-b74c-0b0cc1466d5c.jpeg

Jo Fleet12/06/2020 17:19:41
4 forum posts
2 photos

Sorry, thought it loaded with my original post. No idea how to get them the right way up though! Hopefully these will help a bit.

Thanks

Gareth Jones12/06/2020 17:53:32
791 forum posts
1067 photos

Hi Jo,

I am pretty sure your yacht is built from a kit by Robbe under the name Inga IV. If you google it there is some information available on the web. Robbe no longer exists in its own right but the kits were taken over by Krick and are being marketed under the name Ro-Marin but I don't think Inga IV is available at present.

Gareth

Empire Parkstone12/06/2020 18:58:52
227 forum posts
8 photos

Its been around for donkeys years never by Robbe originally https://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23045.0

**LINK**

Edited By Empire Parkstone on 12/06/2020 18:59:58

Jo Fleet12/06/2020 23:04:20
4 forum posts
2 photos

Amazing, thank you! Are spares easily available?

Malcolm Frary13/06/2020 10:41:34
895 forum posts

Actual Robbe spares are unlikely, but many of the parts are likely to have generic equivalents.

A 40 year old radio is probably not going to be a good option, times have moved on and standards have changed. Depending on what controls are needed, a modern radio can be had for quite modest cost, and will probably be more reliable than one from a long time ago. A complete 4 channel radio outfit on 2.4GHz can be had for about the same cost as a receiver and crystals for older systems, and will work without the probem of avoiding sharing channels.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor