Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

amphicar

plans wanted

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kiwimodeller20/10/2008 01:49:00
18 forum posts
Canyou not order back issues through this website? You always used to be able to.
the converter20/10/2008 14:17:00
50 forum posts
38 photos

have tried hobbystore with no luck even tried ebay no luck there either seems to be one of those mags not easy to find or get hold of

Kiwimodeller21/10/2008
18 forum posts
Have sent you a P M re this.
Grumpy08/11/2008 17:10:00
38 forum posts

Hi there,

Don't know if it will be of any help but Rick Eyrich did a very interesting article on the history of this vehicle in the September 2002 issue of Marine Modelling.  If it is of any use I can let you have a copy of it

Regards

Grumpy

Robert Hinton08/02/2009 17:06:17
3 forum posts
Hi Keepontrukin,

Sorry I have come in a bit late to this correspondence but I have only just found this site and joined in.  I built the model and wrote the January 2005 article referred to earlier and I still have the model which gets regular public outings.  I have just tried it in the snow but the grip was poor!  I would be happy to help you with your project.  I can send you a copy of the article if you cannot get hold of a back copy, including the nice article in MMI that inspired me to start the model.

The easiest way to make your own plans is to measure and photograph the one kept on occasional public display in the Sxcience Museu's Large Exhibits' collection at Wroughton in Wiltshire.  They were very helpful to me.  Feel free to contact me on robertehinton@hotmail.com , I would be happy to lend you my sketch plans for you to copy if that would help but I did modify things a bit as I went along!   

One word of warning, I have been model making for over 40 years and this is quite an ambitious model, not recommended for beginners.  Getting land drives and water drives with switching over and wheel steering and prop steering is all possible but a bit tricky - especially as space is a bit limited if you want to keep the seating and footwell areas free.

Bob
mick08/02/2009 19:03:24
127 forum posts
74 photos
hiya keepon trucking 
i  have some plans if an amphicar i got off ebay  you make the running gear up from mecharno bits and bobs ply body  the steering and the mechanical speed controller
work on the same servo   i looks like a 540 buggy motor and scratch build the rest
if your interested let me know i will get some printed up ok hope this helps mick

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor