Forum sponsored by Dremel

amphicar

plans wanted

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
the converter05/10/2008 12:03:00
50 forum posts
38 photos

hi can any one help i'm looking for full or not to scale plans for an amphicar for my youngest looking to get into hobby and wants to build one of these .

many thanks 

neil howard-pritchard05/10/2008 16:01:00
1933 forum posts
1756 photos

not sure but I think the old MAP plans service used to do a set for this car.

can be found in Model Boats mag,

failing that the X Plans set.also advertised in MB

the converter06/10/2008 13:28:00
50 forum posts
38 photos

hi neil thanks for info 

Kiwimodeller07/10/2008 23:53:00
18 forum posts
There was definitely an article in one of the mags in the early 90's on how the writer had built one. Will see if I can find it at the weekend when I go to my storage shed. Cheers, Ian.
Paul T08/10/2008 07:08:00
7335 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Try looking at the following sites.

www.Amphicars.com

www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=73997#a_bodywork

Paul

the converter08/10/2008 14:12:00
50 forum posts
38 photos

thanks for info paul looking at the details on the sites i should be able to sort something out for my lad.

thanks ian would be gratefull of details of which mag the article was in then can order copy .

Kiwimodeller13/10/2008 21:00:00
18 forum posts
The article was in Model Boats January 2005. Although not a plan feature there are some basic drawings you might be able to scale and it is a very comprehensive article several pages long with many photos of building the model with botth wheel and prop drive. Hope this helps, regards, Ian.
the converter14/10/2008 15:33:00
50 forum posts
38 photos
hi ian many thanks will look out for a copy
Tony Hadley15/10/2008 19:06:00
912 forum posts
552 photos

A seller (shop) on ebay called 'Georges Attic Gifts' occaisionally has an article for sale. Not currently in the shop, but worth checking from time to time.

Tony. 

the converter17/10/2008 13:20:00
50 forum posts
38 photos
hi tony thanks for info will check it out

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Nylet
Coastal Shipping August 2021
SLEC
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor