Forum sponsored by Dremel

TYNE Class Lifeboat build

step by step build of a semi kit lifeboat the RNLB WILLIAM STREET of Fleetwood

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
neil howard-pritchard19/06/2020 11:37:41
1626 forum posts
1061 photos

that's a filler primer matey……..fills all the scratches and imperfections....it will have 3 - 4 coats of that all over the boat...

but I wont be doing it or the top coats.

my friend Dave Stavros Jones who is a professional car body repairer and sprayer has volunteered to spray the boat for me, knowing how impatient I am at painting, when all the pieces are in place that need to be painted orange blue or red oxide..

he is going to paint the boat in two pac paint in the spray room.

just like he did for me with these two.

13.jpg

Bob Abell19/06/2020 11:56:20
8956 forum posts
2824 photos

Very nice models, and Pro job too, Neil

Well......My regards to Stavros and Phil Button too

Both nice chaps, we used to met to them at Llanberris and the good old Colwyn Bay annual regatta and the shows of course

Bob

Paul T19/06/2020 13:15:49
7188 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

Hello Neil

As always you have produced a superb standard of build, no matter how messy I make my workshop I still can't manage your level of skill.

Paul

neil howard-pritchard19/06/2020 14:36:55
1626 forum posts
1061 photos
Posted by Paul T on 19/06/2020 13:15:49:

Hello Neil

As always you have produced a superb standard of build, no matter how messy I make my workshop I still can't manage your level of skill.

Paul

cant stop laughing at that one Paul.....A+ for your observational skills at least...…….I just can't believe how I can produce models in there...….takes me a day to find some working space large enough. smileylaughdont know

neil howard-pritchard19/06/2020 14:46:01
1626 forum posts
1061 photos

will pass on your message Bob.

well it was like Christmas for a 5 year old today......my new propellers from PROPSHOP have arrived, and I am almost orgasmic...…...they are beautiful.

I just cannot understand how Simon Higgins can sell them for that price. he has to cast them in bronze, drill and tap them with the thread ordered, in my case 4mm, and then grind them down, balance them for weight and then polish them to such a lovely sheen...……..no soldering....all for only 25 quid each.

they are beyond words!

img_5488.jpg

Paul T19/06/2020 17:47:20
7188 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

Neil

To paraphrase a well known term, '

Behind every great model builder there is messy workshop'

Edited By Paul T on 19/06/2020 17:47:44

ashley needham19/06/2020 17:49:38
6920 forum posts
201 photos

Great workshop Neil, simply great.

Ashley

neil howard-pritchard19/06/2020 19:54:45
1626 forum posts
1061 photos

are you guys referring to its state in the pic of the two orange lifeboats...…….it was tidy then lol.

neil howard-pritchard19/06/2020 19:56:34
1626 forum posts
1061 photos

are you guys referring to its state in the pic of the two orange lifeboats...…….it was tidy then lol.

neil howard-pritchard19/06/2020 19:56:42
1626 forum posts
1061 photos

ooops. 

Edited By neil howard-pritchard on 19/06/2020 19:58:01

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor