74 photos

i am building  the 1/32 perkasa patrol boat  the plan is not to scale

can anybody tell me what scale the plan is so i can get it blown up to the 

full size  model  to help with construction  of this model boat as this 

is not well detailed in the instructions thanks lads

ashley needham30/09/2008 16:33:00
7121 forum posts
206 photos

Hi Mick. you do not say what size of boat your plan says (not scale, ....size)  My approach would be to find out how long a 1;32 Perkasa is-there are a few kits out there and I dare say a few mins surfing will get you this gem of information, then nip off to the copy shop an have the plans enlarged sufficiently so that the finished result is the right size. Alternativly, if you wait a few days some clever and immensly helpful person from this site will tell you how much blowing up you need. There must be a fleets worth of Perkasas out there, I would blow  them all up given half a chance.

so, size please. Ashley

ashley needham30/09/2008 16:44:00
7121 forum posts
206 photos
Mick    37 inches appears to be about the size as seen on website advertising 1/32 Perkasas. Ashley
mick30/09/2008 17:16:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya ashley

the plan i got is approx  24"   and should be 37"    long  i am not very good with scales i am building for a mate that 

cant build to save his life  i have just finished my rttl vosper in 1/24 and refubished my original

p 28 vietnam boat kingston mouldings uses the picture on his web site  built from his hull +plans 

well thanks for your time mick

ashley needham02/10/2008 19:23:00
7121 forum posts
206 photos
Just take the plans to a copy shop and get them blown up 150%. That should give you a 36" hull and be near enough? (I think thats right)   Ashley
mick02/10/2008 20:11:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya ashlely

thanks i will do that this week thanks for the help mick

Malcolm mith07/11/2008 12:02:00
6 forum posts
hi mick just seen your percasa details i too have had difficulty with the plans i bought but am mainly interested in your rttl launch.do you have plans for the hurr in ply as i like the look of your photos and would love to build one especially if the plans shou the ply diagrams for cutting out the framework for the hull as it is a lovely boat,regards malcolm smith
mick07/11/2008 20:10:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya malcolm

i have the line plans from r a f hendon that they sent me with all the fitting on  and cabin 

arrangement there are 5 plans  leading paticulars i would have to get them photocopied if you 

are interested  hope this is of some help mick i beleive there are other plans out there

but i built from these plansa kit  of 2749 by vernon the old kits i think you  can still get the

plans from phil smith vintage plans  32 verwood cresent southbourne bournemouth 

dorset bh6 4je  telephone 01202 433431

Malcolm mith10/11/2008 09:05:00
6 forum posts
hi mick thanks for the info if you would be so kind i will of course pay you for the plans please let me know how much i owe you do they show the hull formers as i want to make the hull from ply.regards malcolm smith
mick10/11/2008 17:33:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

malcolm  i built the model from the plans i got from  hendon  files i received

the model plan you want is from  phil smith they are the plans you require 

sorry for  misleading you the vernon plans show all the hull formers  you require

i scratch build  so i tend to forget   that  they where line plans that i built off mick

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Shrek
Nylet
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor