Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

May 2020 issue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barry Gibson11/05/2020 12:48:43
35 forum posts
17 photos

Has anyone else in the Colonies [Australia] received the May 2020 issue yet?

I've asked a few people locally who also subscribe and they haven't received it yet either.

Probably just held up in the post, but I missed out on the Winter special by waiting to long to ask where it was. I don't want to miss out again.

harry smith 112/05/2020 11:04:50
1037 forum posts
1282 photos

Hi Barry

March issue only arrived in Tassie last week, no December, Winter Special, January !!!

Harry Smith

ashley needham13/05/2020 09:57:52
6599 forum posts
150 photos

They are probably on the clipper still..

Ashley

Dave Milbourn13/05/2020 11:38:40
4002 forum posts
282 photos

A digital subscription would avoid all of these delays and costs a fraction of hard-copy posted to Australia. You'd also have instant access to back-issues as far as 2007 and no storage problem as you do with paper magazines. The only limitation is that you don't get the free plans, but I don't imagine there will be many of those in any revised format. That said, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of MTM to arrange for a downloadable PDF file to subscribers. Over to you, MTM.

I am, of course, assuming that digital subscriptions are available outside the UK.....*

Dave M

*I've just checked and they certainly seem to be, but only on a yearly basis.

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 13/05/2020 11:41:12

harry smith 113/05/2020 12:49:18
1037 forum posts
1282 photos

Hi All

Ashley, I think the clipper is still looking for convicts to man the ship !!!

My February Issue was by carrier seagull express !!!

Hi DM

We have try to work out if the free plans are in the digital subscriptions or not ???

It finally answer our club question, thank you.

Harry Smith

The Long Build13/05/2020 13:42:51
686 forum posts
270 photos

No, Free plans aren't currently included in the digital subscription. Unless it is an actual page in the Mag.

Barry Gibson13/05/2020 13:54:56
35 forum posts
17 photos

Thanks for the replies.

I've often thought there's a camel train involved in the delivery. Over recent years it does seem to have gotten slower getting here. Lately mine usual arrives when the next issue is listed here on the website. Other than the missing Winter 2020 issue it hasn't really been a problem.

A subscription is still cheaper, here anyway, than buying it a local newsagent. The rate they're closing, two out of four local ones have gone in the last 6 months, there won't be a choose but to subscribe. I have had a digital subscription, not to Model Boats, but I didn't like it as much as a paper copy. Old fashioned I know but it could be the way of the future. I guess the problem could be as it is now if they don't sell them through newsagents and other places there's not enough money to be made. We'll have to wait and see.

Hopefully the May issue arrives soon. Always look forward to it.

Edited By Barry Gibson on 13/05/2020 13:55:24

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor