Revell 1:72 HMCS Snowberry

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T08/05/2020 14:19:24
7140 forum posts
1204 photos
2 articles

Dear All

As most of you will know I don't build many plastic kits but this one is different,

Firstly it wasn't started by me as I received the kit part built as shown in the photos.

The kit was started by a very skilled model builder called Cliff Robinson who has sadly now passed away, some of you from the Warrington area might remember him as he was an avid model builder and attended many shows.

snowberry 2.jpg

snowberry 3.jpg

This will be a 'slow burner' winter project but will hopefully emerge fully built in April next year.

If I can match the skill level during the completion then I hope to enter it in some shows under Cliffs name, and if it wins any prizes then Cliffs widow, Carol, will have something else to remember him by.

Paul

Edited By Paul T on 08/05/2020 14:20:37

Bob Abell08/05/2020 14:24:02
8899 forum posts
2781 photos

That`s a nice idea, Paul

Bob

Tim Cooper08/05/2020 14:46:24
371 forum posts
161 photos

Paul

I always like taking mine for a sail. No problems, a relaxing time. Smoke generator (oil sort) looks good when there is a nip in the air. I even fitted a Morse signal gizmo from Action.

Tim

Paul T08/05/2020 15:00:45
7140 forum posts
1204 photos
2 articles

Hello Captain Bob

We all reach a point in our lives where we realise that a single act of kindness brings its own rewards. I have to say that Cliffs skill level is amazing, even though its just a plastic kit he has gone the extra mile on every little detail and shows exactly what can be done with an off the shelf kit.

I will be proud to finish off this kit.

Hi Tim

I am looking forward to taking this little ship to New Brighton and getting some great photos, the smoke generator is a good idea as is the Morse gizmo.

Paul

ashley needham09/05/2020 08:18:45
6574 forum posts
144 photos

Echo Bob..nice idea Paul, good luck with it. ashley

Ray Wood 209/05/2020 09:00:25
1980 forum posts
706 photos

Good show Paul,

They are great kits, and a lot of bits !!

Great shame Matchbox didn't follow it up with a destroyer at he same scale 1/72nd.

Regards Ray

Tim Cooper09/05/2020 09:55:46
371 forum posts
161 photos

Ray

I think that at the time Matchbox produced the Snowberry it was at the limits of the moulding capability. As it is the one I built the hull came in four pieces. How long would a destroyer hull need to be?

Tim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Shrek
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor