Forum sponsored by Dremel

Fisher 34 motorsailer

R/C near scale yacht

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
gecon21/12/2020 07:20:54
461 forum posts
387 photos

Hi Ray, Chris, .....details hmmm. Don¨t look too closely though. The boat's in Norway, the map shows the French coast and the cup holder looks like an outside loo for two good friends. The map will have to stay, but the cup holder will be re-scaled soon -although, I could say that it's for my two 8cm dia. Land Rover mugs or for two thermos flasks.

I'll leave well alone for a while and get on with white paint on the cabin tops.

George.

Samule kracj22/12/2020 17:59:18
7 forum posts
Posted by Samule kracj on 18/12/2020 22:07:49:

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could get the plans for this boat? I have looked everywhere and I cannot find it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help :/

Ray Wood 223/12/2020 09:08:38
2418 forum posts
849 photos

Hi Samule,

The opening post by George on this thread said she is a Fisher 46 based on Dave Metcalfe's drawings, which are available from SARIK plans services here in the UK & online

Ray

Colin Bishop23/12/2020 11:21:58
4927 forum posts
6089 photos
408 articles

Sarik don't appear to list them now.

Colin

Ray Wood 223/12/2020 11:37:41
2418 forum posts
849 photos

Hi Colin,

Sorry, I should have checked well they used to be available

I wonder if Model Boat Plans published are still passed to SARIK as a matter of course ??

I should know this, as plans for my designs come up on ebay for sale

Regards Ray

Colin Bishop23/12/2020 12:04:48
4927 forum posts
6089 photos
408 articles

Feature plans plus the plans in the old Plans Service were passed to Sarik I believe but not all Free Plans. Then again many of the very old physical plans have deteriorated to the point that they cannot be copies whilst others have been discontinued because there is no demand.

Colin

gecon23/12/2020 14:43:38
461 forum posts
387 photos

Hi Samule,

I bought the original plans over 20 years ago. They were getting a bit tatty so last year I wanted to 'freshen them ut a bit' so I ordered a copy from a local copying service. They made a mistake and copied the plans in 75% scale. So I ended up with a Fisher plan that was 34" long instead of 46". I used to own a Fisher 34 so decided to use the new 75% plans to build a 1/12th scale Fisher 34 (34 feet is 34 inches at 1/12th scale).

I looked at the SARIK plan service on this site and found that if you write in their search column MM1359 the original plans for the Fisher 46 are there! £23 (+ postage I expect).

The hull shape is almost the same for all versions of Fisher motorsailers. The wheelhouse and coachroof is NOT excactly the same for all Fishers. The Fisher 46 has an aft cabin, but the 34 has an aft cockpit. There are many videos on Youtube showing details of the Fishers so it is easy to get info on the layout and equipment.

Regards,

George

Edited By gecon on 23/12/2020 14:44:06

Samule kracj23/12/2020 14:55:17
7 forum posts

Thank you all so much!

I live in Canada so shipping these things from the UK does not seem like a very good idea. ( I tried it once it never came) Do you know if there is a PDF version or even just a picture of them? I don't even mind if they are taken with a phone. I'm becoming a bit desperate as this was supposed to be a project for a friend.

Yours looks great by the way!

Thank you

gecon23/12/2020 15:33:20
461 forum posts
387 photos

You could ask SARIK if they can sell it to you in PDF form. I don't think they have original paper copies anyway, so they will have to print the plans from digital archives. Maybe they can send them in PDF instead of printing them, but of course you will have to pay for them first!

Otherwise you can ask them to fold the plans (3 large sheets) and send them in A4 or A3 size envelope/s. If you wait until after the Christmas rush the postal system should manage to deliver to you.

Send them an e-mail and ask.

George

Colin Bishop23/12/2020 15:46:27
4927 forum posts
6089 photos
408 articles

Samule

I have managed to track down the original article from the plan number. It was published in the March 1984 issue of Model Boats. I have that copy and have scanned in the article and sent it to the email adress you gave when you registered on this site. The article includes a reproduction of the rigging plan only.

As George suggests, it should be safe to order the full set of plans from Sarik but wait until after Christmas.

There is a review of the Fisher 34 with photos here:

https://www.classicboat.co.uk/articles/fisher-34-boat-test/

And lots of online photos from a Google search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=freeward+marine+fisher+34&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk03bahT6YiRv_xHyy0RLu5YnRC3ekw:1608738505627&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7n8b2PuRZgBpNM%252Ce2aSwGabVYDbvM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kS3aCZbI_1Xe6bOKSzKVqXxOh7OYQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj44af5ueTtAhWOQEEAHbhWA-gQ9QF6BAgWEAE#imgrc=7n8b2PuRZgBpNM

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 23/12/2020 15:51:19

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor