Forum sponsored by Dremel

Comtesse Sailing Yacht

R/C Semi-Scale Yacht

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
gecon12/04/2020 14:50:06
177 forum posts
181 photos

While waiting for resin etc to cure on the Fisher 34 project I have started some basic contruction (glueing with messy Stabilit Express) on the Comtesse which I actually bought last summer -before the mad idea of scratch-building a Fisher 34

There has been a kit review of the Comtesse in MB -which i have not read! So far, I am pleased with the kit and the instructions. It will be motorized and I have bought the extra -nicely moulded- wing keel which will lower the C.of.G.

The plan is to paint the Comtesse to resemble a semi-scale Bavaria 37. I owned a B37 from 2007 to 2010. Did not have the time to use and maintain her. Now I have the time but not the money! So this summer I will have a smaller version 1:12 . Hope the virus will let me out of the flat to test it.....don't have a bathtub!

I bit boring this, but I simply had to tell somebody - sorry!

Ray Wood 212/04/2020 15:26:04
1980 forum posts
706 photos

Hi George,

The chap who owned the boat yard where we kept our small sailing cruiser always told me the best sort of boat was somebody else's 😀 he was right !!

Imagine paying marina fees at the moment, for something you can't use 😕

Regards Ray

Empire Parkstone12/04/2020 15:39:26
222 forum posts
8 photos

George does the review include the build if so could you confirm the builder please

Thanks

gecon14/04/2020 07:51:50
177 forum posts
181 photos

Hi Empire,

At first I did not quite understand your question but, I see now that my post might give the impression that I have bought a finished Comtesse and have started to modify it to a B37 'look-alike'.

I bought the kit and accesories from a modelshop here in Norway. I have posted a few photos in an album under 'Comtesse'. So I am the 'builder----or chief glue-er! Hope that answers your question.

George

Ray Wood 214/04/2020 08:25:05
1980 forum posts
706 photos

Hi George,

I think Empire is only asking if you know the name of the person who did the review of building the kit in Model Boats ?

You were clear that you were building the kit, Stablit Express is serious stuff!!

Regards Ray

gecon14/04/2020 08:36:03
177 forum posts
181 photos

OK,

I recently saw a cover photo of MB with the Comtesse pictured. Must have been within the the past few days. I'll have a look….

gecon14/04/2020 09:06:03
177 forum posts
181 photos

Lost ...and found!

MB May 2010. Terry Small reviews rhe Robbe Comtesse. I believe that the kit I have bought is updated compared with the 2010 Version. Krick Ro -Marin re-introduced the Comtesse around Autumn 2018 I think. New box-top photo is shown in Forum under 'Comtesse'

The instructions in my kit are dated Sept.2018.

George

Empire Parkstone14/04/2020 09:52:26
222 forum posts
8 photos

Hi George no prob, as Ray said just wanted the name of the reviewer/builder. Reason being I may have that boat .Th chap who built it has done articles for MB. He lengthened the Hatch and also had the first sails made for it by Nylet using his for template. Norway fond memories of two spells there in the 60's courtesy of HM forces

Thanks again

gecon14/04/2020 14:09:41
177 forum posts
181 photos

There's quite an array of photos if you google "Comtesse sailing yacht". Maybe Terry's example is there too. Also a few videos on you tube.

I will probably not be able to stop myself from posting progress photos in "Album". At least there will be no rough-cut 10mm plywood as on my Fisher 34 album. I'm sure some of the members cringe at the sight of the Fisher woodwork if they can even bare to look!

George.

Empire Parkstone21/04/2020 09:32:11
222 forum posts
8 photos

George I have the Mag now not the same guy and My Comtasse as said has the enlarged hatch 6x4.5'' also the fore hatch is an opening one and light blue as on the box plus winged keel

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier March
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor