Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Birdies

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Chris Fellows04/04/2020 17:33:57
619 forum posts
355 photos

Like other interests photography has also been affected. Continuing to get some shots of visitors to the garden though. Amazing what we get being on a quite large housing estate.

Chris

sparrow hawk4.jpg

robin nestbuilding.jpg

Chris Fellows04/04/2020 17:41:55
619 forum posts
355 photos

And our furry visitors.

mousey.jpg

squirrel.jpg

Paul T04/04/2020 18:45:28
6919 forum posts
1164 photos
2 articles

Chris

Fantastic photos.

The Long Build04/04/2020 18:48:48
673 forum posts
269 photos

Great Pics, love the Robin picture, what camera are you using ?

Paul T04/04/2020 19:06:41
6919 forum posts
1164 photos
2 articles

Whatever it is its a whole lot better than my box brownie wink

Chris Fellows05/04/2020 00:43:56
619 forum posts
355 photos

Thanks. Camera is a Canon 80D with a 100-400 zoom lens. I had to shoot through the kitchen window glass (which could do with a clean!) and between the leaded lights.

Chris

Chris Fellows11/04/2020 19:41:52
619 forum posts
355 photos

In the garden this afternoon enjoying the sun and this little fellah was standing motionless over by the border. Guessed it had flown into something and was a little stunned. Put into a box for a bit and after dripping water over its beak it perked up. Flew up onto the shed and after a few minutes flew over to the trees.

Chris

goldfinch2.jpg

John Dickins11/05/2020 17:55:30
13 forum posts

Some months back I bought a "Trail Camera" to try and see what was living under our back garden decking. I got photos and video of the local moggies but nowt else. I've also had video of birds on the bird table, often in conflict with the local grey squirrels, and also so called "squirrel proof" bird feeders. The Lockdown has given me more time to both view the results and devise more shots and views. My local boss squirrel has been taking down one of the feeders so I thought I would try and film him (her) at it. But no luck, before I went to set the camera today I found that not only had the feeder been taken from its hook, but some bugger had nicked it! Some squirrel!

Chris Fellows11/05/2020 22:48:38
619 forum posts
355 photos

Hi John

I don't know what happened to "our" squirrel. She used to come into the garden at least twice a day but stopped coming. I presumed it was because a neighbour a few houses away was having an extension built that was on the route she took along the fence. A squirrel has investigated the peanut box a couple of times and I think it was her but was out of luck as I'd stopped putting peanuts in it as the mouse kept emptying it! Here she is enjoying the sunflower seeds.

I've got another friend though now, Mrs. Blackbird. I'm used to blackbirds being a few feet away from me when standing on the lawn but this one betters that. When I see her on the lawn I pick up a few suet nibbles and when she hears the back door open she either flies up onto the kitchen roof looking down on me or starts coming up the side of the house. Once on the lawn she either flies down or runs over to be fed. She won't feed from my hand but it's pretty close. Her partner likes the nibbles as well but is more cautious. Shot showing her enjoying the sun!

By the way I am happily married!!

Chris

squirrel on feeder.jpg

mrs blackbird.jpg

Chris Fellows24/05/2020 15:31:20
619 forum posts
355 photos

starlings1.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Sarik
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor