Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

m15 monitor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
sammyk30/03/2020 11:32:29
94 forum posts
22 photos

Hi all fellow modellers,I hope you are all keeping safe.as all work has stopped at this time I find I have more free time on my hands and I am looking for a new project. I have decided to build a world war one monitor.I sent for the plan before we were all on lock down,I have most of the magazines for the build but I am missing the November 2006 issue can anyone help with the missing issue.I only need a copy of the m15 build .regards sammyk

Francis Macnaughton30/03/2020 16:00:33
104 forum posts

I have that article. If you send me your e-mail address by pm I can forward the scans.

sammyk30/03/2020 18:50:49
94 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Francis,thanks for looking for the article for me but i have just printed it .a fellow modeller sent me it .all I have to do now is build it.regards sammyk

sammyk16/04/2020 11:10:21
94 forum posts
22 photos

Hi fellow modellers,the m15 build is going well i have the basic hull built.my question for today is i want to build the main gun with movement and sound effects any ideas would be welcomed. i have an old model tank that has the functions i would like but to make them work it would require a gizmo to make my transmitter /receiver talk to the tank control unit ,as this complicates things i would like to try another way any ideas .regards sammyk

Tim Cooper16/04/2020 12:09:35
349 forum posts
149 photos

Sammy

On my S100 conversion I used Model Radio Workshop. Mike makes all sorts of turret turners etc. I used 2 of his units to add light and sound to the guns. For turning them I used small motors and pulleys for two and a servo winch for the bow gun.

The units I used weren't in his current list but he made them up for me and amended the design to make them easier to use. I have just looked on his website and he is still working.

Tim

ashley needham16/04/2020 18:30:05
6234 forum posts
225 photos

PERSONALLY, and this is a personal view, my own view and I am not claiming it to be a definitive rule.....I do not like `boom boom` noises for gunfire. Without the smoke and so on that goes with a large gun firing, I think the noise alone is a bit silly. You might as well just stand by the side and shout `bang bang`.

BUT having the gun going round and waving is always good.

Just thought I would share that,

Ashley usual disclaimer

sammyk17/04/2020 10:09:00
94 forum posts
22 photos

Hi fellow modellers,first thanks for your input on this as i am only at the planing stage i value all comments ,and yes i agree with you Ashley i would like to have motion, sound and smoke. In the December edition of model boats there was a model of HMS iron duke with main guns with all the effects that i would like to include.regards sammyk

sammyk07/05/2020 19:51:14
94 forum posts
22 photos

Hi fellow modellers ,I have added a few photos of my monitor build of progress so far.I have decided to build it as m18 as it is slightly different from the m15 model . I think it will be a long time before we can sail our models,keep safe fellow modellers and keep busy.regards sammyk

ashley needham08/05/2020 09:44:07
6234 forum posts
225 photos

Sammy. Good on you for going against the flow of M15 builds, by building an M18!

No doubt 10,00 M15’s have been built, but you will confound the experts with this one.

I can’t remember the scale of this one,but are you going to have some crew on it? It would really bring it to life.

Ashley

sammyk08/05/2020 10:47:19
94 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Ashley, the scale is 1/48 and there is crew on order,its getting harder to obtain modelling stuff.Most of my models follow the principle of looks right from a distance ,its not near scale I call it 1/2 mile scale as long as its sea worthy and reliable .It keeps me occupied in these difficult times ,hope you are keeping busy with something ,by the time this is all over everyone will have a lot of models to test/sail on the pond .regards sammyk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Nylet
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor