Forum sponsored by Dremel

Veron Veronica

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony Couch28/03/2020 23:55:05
13 forum posts
4 photos

Hello All

In the 1960s I built a Veron Veronica yacht. I modified the steering to use single channel radio control on the rudder. This was OK for turning the boat around at the other side of the lake but that was all so I removed it.

The model got put away in the 1970s and I have just taken it out again. It is rather grubby but it should clean up OK. The problem I have is that much of the rigging is gone and needs to be replaced. I also want to return to the original self steering system.

Can anyone help me with a copy (or even a picture) of the plan? All I need is the rigging arrangement so if that is separate, that is what I need.

Thanks

Tony

Christchurch

New Zealand

John Dickins04/04/2020 17:23:44
13 forum posts

Hello Tony, some years ago I bought, probably eBay, a "Veronica" somewhere I have the plans. I will look,but don't hold your breath! I installed a servo for the steering and a "long arm" servo for the main sheet. I have not sailed her for many years and I think I removed the servos. Cheers John.

Tony Couch05/04/2020 00:45:00
13 forum posts
4 photos

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. I will be most grateful if you can find the plans.

Regards

Tony

John Dickins08/04/2020 10:40:36
13 forum posts

Hi Tony, success! I've found the plans. Now the next problem is getting them to you. I've also found an advert for "Veronica" and the build instructions. The advert is in the December 1968 "Model Boats" priced 3 shillings.The kit was 95 shillings (including Purchase Tax) Can you PM me with your address and I will post them all to you when I can get to the post. Both my wife and I are in the "High Risk" class and forbidden to go out at the moment.

Cheers John

Tony Couch09/04/2020 21:43:19
13 forum posts
4 photos

Hi John.

Well done. I appreciate your making the effort to help me. As it happens, I have now found a source of the plan. I found an email address for Colin Smith, the son of the man who designed the Veronica. He not only has the plans but also has the original model his father built. He kindly sent me a .pdf copy of the plan. He also sent me photos of 3 boats he has recently built. It is clear he is a very active modeller.
As you will know, the plan has a rigging diagram. This has all the parts referred to by arrows and numbers. Although I can probably work things from the plan alone, it would be helpful to have the list of what the numbers relate to. So, if you could send me a copy of the build instructions, I would be grateful. I understand that you are currently in lockdown (so am I!) but I wondered if you could either scan or take a photo of the instructions to send to me,

Regards

Tony

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor